Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Windows Mail wont collect inbox messages

Hi guys,

I am trying to set up my windows mail. So far I can get my outgoing messages to send just fine but the incoming messages wont display so I have to go to the horde application from cpanel to view my inbox. I have just one email account setup on my package and I am operating on Vista. I do not have outlook and do not really want to pay for the liscence just for the email feature. Windows mail is I guess the same as outlook express used to be?
    I have followed the tutorial and that is all ok so what am I missing???

Thanks in advance for the help

Re: Vista Windows Mail wont collect inbox messages

In Windows Mail, Tools, Accounts, Properties, General, check the "Include account in reception..." or you will not receive any mails.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for super fast response.
      Just checked it and it is ticked.
      I have tried loads of test messages and they always go out but dont come in.

Comment

When connecting, do you get any errors ?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

No goes to checking for mail then back to normal window.

Comment

Is the "Server Needs Authentication" checked ?

And, did you check your spam folder to see if the test mails finish in there ?
            Navaldesign

Comment

Just looked at account. Incoming mail server 'log on using secure password authentication' is not checked but outgoing server 'my server requires authenication' is. Nothing in spam.

Comment

I have tracked the route cause of my problem at last!
                Firstly I set up an email account from cpanel.
                I then changed the password for this new email account to something I could remember.
                I then changed the settings in tools,accounts,properties,servers so that my user name was the email I just set up and the password was the one I had created for this account. Everything else was as per tutorial. I had previously been logging on using my default mail details ie domain name mail and master password. Having read loads of threads on here I suspect loads of peeps have been doing the same thing hope this helps someone else it's driven me nuts!

Comment

Working...
                X