Question about SohoSupport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about SohoSupport

I am unable to upload any updates to a table on my website. When I do the entire table disappears.

I put in a support ticket [GZI-638417] on the 9th.

Today's the 13th and I've received no assistance with my request.

This is my 3rd website with VodaHost and I've always received excellent customer support with the very, very few support tickets I've generated previously.

I am SO frustrated! I'm totally dead in the water on working on my site until this problem is resolved.

How do I get help?

Suggestions and advice appreciated.

The is the page that I'm having problems with ...

Re: Question about SohoSupport

This is a soho site. Make SURE you have updated soho to the latest version.

How are you trying to upload the table? Are you doing it as a CUSTOM include? If so.. You need to go to the page.. delete the table that is there.. then drag and drop the custom include to the page and it will urge you to upload or choose one from the system. Do the NEW upload even if its NAMED the same

They dont SUPPORT soholaunch.. they do support for HOSTING. If there is a problem with soho.. they put in the ticket for soho to the owners of soho .. and they dont do weekends.

They do not provide support for ANY of the software included in cpanel. When you install you are given notice of this and urged to contact the applications owners and sites.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello Karen,

Thank you VERY much for responding!

This is a table built entirely in the text editor within the Soholaunch program.

Below is my experience with the table ... verbatim what was sent to VodaSupport.

Your insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
      JANET

---------------------------------
      Posted On: 09 Jan 2009 06:28 PM

Tom Farrow @ Soholaunch recommended that I put in a support ticket for the following challenge I'm encountering:

I'm using a table that I manually enter data into for club members who request to have their contact information on our club's website ... located at http://andrc.com/index.php?pr=Breeders

Currently the table has 100+ members.

Several times now when I've entered data to update the table, the entire table has disappeared from the page when I've clicked on either preview page or save page. So I've had to restore the site with the latest back-up ... and of course, I lose my newly updated entries in the process.

I'm was thinking "perhaps" this was due to the size of the table ... which will likely triple in size within a few months. Tom Farrow at Soholaunch told me that was not the case saying: "There is no reasonable limit (millions) on the number of records which a table can accept so that would not be the issue."

Tom Farrow also suggested I install the latest build of the Soholaunch program [r19], which I did yesterday and was hopeful that would help ... unfortunately, no.

Two other things that are happening simultaneously with my table's disappearing act ...

[1] I'm getting a pop-up screen shortly after I click update that tells me something about a script that's running is causing Internet Explorer and/or my computer to run slower and do I want to stop running the script? I have to click on *no* to get it to complete the update. This event is what made me wonder if I was exceeding the boundaries of the holding capacity of a table on a single website page. Note: the table has both [1] updated and displayed properly but clicking *no* in the pop-up and [2] failed to update and vanished by clicking the *no* in the pop-up.

[2] The first time my table disappeared when I clicked on 'preview page' [a real eye opening event I might add ... ], the entries that I had just manually entered into the table on my website page also disappeared from the database table they go into from the sign-up form on the website. I had the database records open in a second browser window at the time. I haven't done that again ... since I had to go back through and manually re-create and re-enter all their information!

Is this something Voda Support can help me with?

Or am I going to have to pay for a support ticket at the Soholaunch site as Tom Farrow suggests?

A second, probably unrelated question, is that I also do not have a newsletter module in my version of Soholaunch ... no matter how many times I update my version, the newsletter icon is not there.

Thanks in advance for your response and any assistance you can provide.

Comment

Janet..

If parts of your soho are missing you..

1. have a corrupt installation
        or
        2. Not running the licensed version of soho

I cant tell you from what i see here. I also cant tell you what SCRIPT you have running on your computer.

If you send me your logins via email ill take a look and see if i get the same issues or not and go from there. You shouldnt have to PAY for a support ticket if this is the ONLY install of soho you have on your server.

Also can you tell me in email what exact PAGE your are getting the error on.. most likely you have some SCRIPT youve tried to install screwing it up.. simple as a java script or something else improperly coded...again.. I cant tell til i look at it

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Private e-mail sent.

Thank you, Karen!

Comment

Working...
          X