X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 x Q's: Temporary Page Published Until Final Draft

Hello. I published a temporary page at http://www.pro-business-image.com

It is an "under construction" page. The two questions I have are these:

1. Do I need to submit a request to Voda Support to take advantage of my first published web site (to the SE's) free? This is in part due to a comment made by "collector's info" on this thread: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sea...ahost-how.html

In other words, is simply clicking the "publish" button for a brand new BV customer going to get the published item into the SE's automatically, or is this done as queried above?

2. Once my "under construction" web site is published and submitted to the search engines, am I able to update it and add pages (i.e. expand it) as many times as I wish, without fearing extra costs? I am hoping that getting that one (1) page into the SE's will be my toe-in-the-door until I can get my full web site built up in the BV Desk top tool and then replace the "under construction" page with my "index" page, and the subsequent, interlinked sub-pages.

I have also been experimenting with items on this "under construction" page to see how it appears in the preview page, as well as when I type in the URL in the address box.

Note: I am diligently applying exhaustive study into the forums and Videos and links so that I can build my pages so that each one is optimized. Furthermore, I am laying the groundwork in advance so that I will be tight with Google Adsense, Web CEO, and the like. Once I submit, I wish to run analytics on my web pages immediately to make sure that I will pass the exam BEFORE Google reviews it and spiders it, etc.

It appears that Google is the standard to set one's eyes on, with the majority following its lead of who's who in the rank and file of web sites.

I can tell you right now that my brain aches on all the SEO study I have been doing. I guess my OCD is compelling me to hit the ground running and have all my pages optimized with META Tags, Interlinking, H1-H6 codes, etc.

Anyways, I sure would sleep better in knowing the answerrs to 1 & 2 above.

Kind regards,

John

Re: 2 x Q's: Temporary Page Published Until Final Draft

Concentrate on that important first index page before you publish.
    If your index page has any links, make sure that the pages are actually published otherwise you will have broken links and google does NOT like that.

Its better to have a little relevent content rather than "under construction"
    (put "more being added daily" or something similar)

Choose 3 or 4 keywords that appear on that page and use them in your page description, and your keywords meta tags.

Doing the above will get your foot in the door before your site is finished.

good luck
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thank you for the response, David. I will get on this immediately and take your advice.

As to the publishing button placing me on the Internet; will clicking this button do so, and will I be at least somewhere on the SE's, or do I need to contact Voda Support to have them kick-start my website into the major SE's, as "collector's info" stated back in 2006?

Any clear answer is appreciated. It is a simple matter of 1st time jitters, and not being able to locate this info so far throughout the forums or elsewhere.

I will, of course, compile my index page beforehand, without linking to pages that do not exist, and have the "adding more daily" comment, etc. as you suggested.

Comment

Anything on that query yet?

Comment

Working...
        X