Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Dummy Run

Hi All,

I would like to know if you can do a complete dummy run on the website without going live.

To explain better I want to go through from start to finish like I was a customer, to make sure that the shipping weights for postage work out correctly and that the credit cards go through as there has been a lot of posts lately about cards not working.

The last thing I want is to have issuies with these things once I do put it on line for the public

If not how dose anyone test their sites to make sure it all works properly!!!

Thanks
    Sharon
    Desaran Siberian Huskies
    Queensland, Australia
    www.desaransiberians.com

Re: Website Dummy Run

Password protect your public_html directory and no one will see anything except yourself.................

When you have finished testing, remove the password protected status.

For a step by step tutorial on passwords go here:
    and you can view the video tutorial here:
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks for the reply David,
      I have gone into cPanel but wanted to ask before doing anything, if I do as you say will that lock both of our websites as we have one that is built in BV but I just need to sort out the one I have in Soho there only seems to be one public html....

Also by doing this will I still be able to put through the C/C payment without it acually activating to my bank account???

cheers
      Sharon
      Desaran Siberian Huskies
      Queensland, Australia
      www.desaransiberians.com

Comment

Sharon:

No you cant lock your public html and have anyone see it including your other site.

Depending on what you are using for a payment processor, you can put it in test mode and make an order without it charging your bank card. To do this you must be using something like authorize.net. Did you get SSL and dedicated IP? I dont remember it being installed on your site last time i was there? Hopefully you did this.. or you wont be able to process cards LIVE on your site.

If you are simply using paypal as your processor, then just go thru the ordering and when you get to paypal stop..and click the return to merchant you should have already set up... you will have at that point seen everything but putting the card in.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen thanks for coming to the rescue once again...lol

Ok no I havent put anything like this on....

.....a payment processor ...Did you get SSL and dedicated IP?...

Have no idea what it is or how to get it, I thought that this sort of thing for card proccessing would have been attached in the shopping cart program!!!!!

Can you tell me how to go about getting this or would it be best to just stay away from Credit Card payments and stick with just having Pay Pal, would I still need the above.

Every time I think everything is sorted something else comes up ....
          If it wasn't for you and the forum I would have give up on this site long ago and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one......

Any help will be great thanks Karen

Stressed....
          Desaran Siberian Huskies
          Queensland, Australia
          www.desaransiberians.com

Comment

Hmmm... youre in Austrailia and its difficult to get a merchant account and processor there... well not difficult but costly. Id love to help you, but I dont have international connections in that area.. you can thank 911 mostly for alot of the difficulty in this area.. so.. id recommend that you go with paypal.. which will take credit cards.. just make sure you let them know they dont need a paypal account.. and make sure you have a business or premier paypal ( or equivalent there) and on your profile give them the option of using cc or paypal payments.

And just so you know..(and anyone else reading).. merchant accounts are not included in the shopping cart software. There are some PACKAGES out there, very costly that do include the works... but you pay thru the nose for it too! Several hundred a month usually.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I think that's what I have ..... have'nt touched that area since you set up the template not game....so hopefully it will be ok.
              I will go though the site as you suggested and see how it goes.....you know you will hear from me again if i have an issue....lol

You should think about doing an e-book about the do's n don'ts / can's n can'ts in soho there is so much to learn as a beginner you would make a fortune.......well at least I'd buy it....... :)

Thanks again Karen

cheers
              Sharon
              Desaran Siberian Huskies
              Queensland, Australia
              www.desaransiberians.com

Comment

Hmmm.. well theres a thought i guess. But heres the thing..lol.. no offense but even if i did the ebook... you wouldnt read it..LOL.. most of what i tell you is in the manual.. the rest is just experience, not only in this cart.. but all around.. like the merchant account part.. it applies to ALL ecommerce not just soho..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X