Published page takes long time to update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Published page takes long time to update

My published pages take super long to update online. Does anybody know why this might happen? My computer is pretty old - could that be the problem? The changes do occur after a day or two...but is there anyway to speed that up?

Additionally, is it possible to update my website from somebody elses computer? Do i need to install blue voda on their computer as well? I assume you can do this - but how?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Published page takes long time to update

Originally posted by mikesn02 View Post
    My published pages take super long to update online. Does anybody know why this might happen? My computer is pretty old - could that be the problem? The changes do occur after a day or two...but is there anyway to speed that up?
    It should update as soon as you publish, what is probably happening is that your computer is saving an old version of the page in it cashe. You should delete your browser cashe to see the new page. Or you can hit F5 repeatedly once the page loads.

Additionally, is it possible to update my website from somebody elses computer? Do i need to install blue voda on their computer as well? I assume you can do this - but how?

Thanks for the help.
    Yes, you can, yes, you'll need to download BV to the other computer and transfer all your files (including any images you have used) to it also (to the same location as they were on your computer) you could save all your images to a folder in your BV folder to help. Many people use flash drives for this. And you willl have to have your login details on hand to publish.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks for the help...however that did not work. I guess I don't understand at what point to press F5...I tried it when I was publishing, saving, at the website, etc. I then cleared the computer's history, temp internet files, etc... however my site still is not publishing. Any other thoughts on what to do?

Thamls.

Comment

Hi. what is your url & what obvious differences have you made between the old page & new.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

the site is www.mikesnowbroadcaster.com

Sorry about it being a bit amateur-ish at the present time.

The main title on the page is huge...it should not be big at all, it should just be almost like a banner at the top of the page. Anyways, the title 'Mike Snow Broadcaster' part is huge and takes up the whole page. I have updated it on my bluevoda index page, however the changes are not going into place.

I thought that I might hidden the title behind some of the other pictures/text on my page, however that is not the case. I thought I may have sent the banner 'to the back', but when I check, everything seems fine. Unsure of what to do next.

Comment

Hi, i would hate to think how many gig's are trying to download on your front page. But keep your front page to around 200kb max for fast opening.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X