Publishing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing Question

I successfully set up a website last year (www.galwoliecottage.com), with much help from this forum!

I just updated it, adding on a new page & making some minor changes to the index page. When I published, the old index page came up, & the new page would not work at all.

This is where it starts to get messy! In the ftp manager, for some reason there were 2 folders, one called galwoliecottage, the other called galwoliecottage.com. My changed pages were in galwoliecottage.com, so I deleted galwoliecottage in the cpanel file manager. This still did not work so I deleted galwoliecottage.com as well, & thought I would just republish.

I have now done this, & galwoliecottage.com is back in the file manager, but it still will not work (comes up HTTP 404).

Help!

Denise

Re: Publishing problem

so is this a addon domain to your main account.
    if so what name did you give the folder when you added the domain.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Re: Publishing Question

Thanks for replying Dude.

The addon domain is called galwoliecottage.com and the document root is /public_html/galwoliecottage.

If you mean the folders that appear in ftp, I cant remember which one came first as I havent looked at this since last summer!

Im wondering do I need to delete all and start from scratch again, with a new folder and republish??

Denise

Comment

ummm .. looks as though you have deleted files and possible some crucial ones as well . I think the best for you would be to place a support ticket to voda host, asking them to reset your account, if lucky they will have a back up version and help you out .. if not, once you are reset you will be needing to republish your pages.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Lady eye

I did as you said and they told me to remove the addon domain and set it up again. I have done this and webpage is working again.

So, thanks for reply!

Denise

Comment

Hi Denise,

I can view your website. No problemo.

This is the url: http://www.galwoliecottage.com/
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
            X