New Website, how ready is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website, how ready is it

Hi, I was wondering if you could give me an idea on how good or bad you think my site is, and would it be ready for putting on a search engine.

I've a funny feeling that I've still got a bit of work to do yet.

But it would be great if someone could check it over for me.

Thanks in advance. www.crpoolewe.co.uk
    Colin

Re: New Website, how ready is it

Just had a quick look, and my first impression was that you would do better splitting up the 3 subjects into 3 different websites.............

The appearance overall is quite pleasing for me, as I have spent quite a few holidays in that part of the world.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

You have a good eye for design, nice work but as David rightly says above.. this should definitely be three websites.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies, ye I was thinking that it should be 3 websites before I started, but thought I could join it all together in 1, as at the moment I haven't really got enough content in each, to split them up.

The 3 in 1 website, will that make it harder for the search engine to pick up?

I suppose that means having 3 domain names as well.

So apart from that I take it its not too bad.

Thanks
        Colin

Comment

My critique of your site left me with the following suggestions.

1. Reduce the width of your pages to 1000px. The viewer has to scroll left/right to see your entire page.

2. Your content looses it continuity. Definitely separate the subject matter.

3. Try to keep your menus consistent with your background color. Otherwise the menu looks like it is pasted on top of your page.

4. From a personal observation (and this is for-what-its-worth), I thought your color scheme did very little to brighten up my visit to the site. The dark browns and burnt oranges didn't make the stay very appealing.

These are my thoughts and are intended as sincere feedback and not mean spirited criticism.

Comment

You will easily create enough content for three sites from those subjects I guarantee you. And yes, it will make a huge difference. At the moment, if you submit that site to Google as it is, where would you expect them to put you? landscaping? DVD's about Scotland? or Caravan Holidays? They will be extremely confused and so probably put you under none of those.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate what you are saying, its given me some new ideas in how I should go about this, I think it looks like I'd be better making 3 websites, and try and get a bit more of a professional look about it. Your comments have helped me a lot, its all part of the learning process.

Bye the way I didn't really like the colours either.

Thanks again
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnloch View Post
                Thanks for your comments, I appreciate what you are saying, its given me some new ideas in how I should go about this, I think it looks like I'd be better making 3 websites, and try and get a bit more of a professional look about it. Your comments have helped me a lot, its all part of the learning process.

Bye the way I didn't really like the colours either.

Thanks again
                Colin
                I dont think you have any design problems, I like your colours, everyone is different and you will never please everyone, just consider the three sites and carry on with your own designs, you have a good eye for layout for sure.

Comment

Colour is a very personal choice, like Marincky, I rather liked it.

Back to your comment about purchasing 3 more domain names.........
                  When and if you do, try to use one of the 3 subject matters in your new domain names, that will help with the SE's.

You can use your existing one for a personal/family one, so it wont be wasted.

If you do the above, ask support to reset your account to one of the new domain names.
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

There are some pages that are very slow to load... I almost clicked out when I went to that page... I think its the size of the photos...

Comment

Hi, the site looks fine & has a good feel. You need to build your site from the left of your BV page & center it via BV,s page properties to give a good view in all browsers to. Wile in this area, set the page to 800 to 980 wide & keep within the width when building, this will save the excessive side scroll.
                      Some of your images are a bit on the heavy side for web use & will slow the pages down on loading. Also with the images, don't use the blue handles to reduce them, as the kb's stay the same.
                      Just as an idea & the possibility of some extra income. You could turn the site into a Poolewe/loch community site with adds for local business. Maybe even a page each business (Naturally including your own at the top). Might solve the problem of more domains.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                      X