My new web pages... please comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new web pages... please comment

Hi, my name is Allan. I have been working on these pages and feel that I may have had blinkers on. Any constructive criticism or suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: My new web pages... please comment

WOW! Very nice, not much I can say about this site as far as improvements. Love the flash, not too much, not overly done. Good color scheme, clean and easy to navagate. The one thing I did find was that you need to validate the fields in your form on the contact page, I was able to send a blank email. Good Job, who did your flash?
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi Allan
      I'm an Aussie too .I love your site but found your images slow to download
      also the "click here" link on the image doesn't work and there is no image or demo on your demonstration link.Maybe someone else could check it out .I'm no expert unfortunatley
      Two Cats
      www.magicpallete.com

Comment

Hi Allan, You realize that you have created a problem with everyone else, now has to up their game to match your site. Well done!
        couple of things that might be worth a look. Got some side scroll on a few of the pages & i think its down to some of the things like text boxes on your page being pulled out to wide . (Need to pull the blue handles back in). The "click here" button doesn’t seemed to work on the headed flash area’s, but maybe this is coming.
        Pages will need some key words & descriptions. The titles would also be better (As an example, the home page) instead of “IFAPS – home” maybe “Impervious Flooring Pavement from IFAPS” The se,s have then at least 3 important words to pick up on. But also will need to make sure these words are within the text content of the page.
        Not sure on the heading flash loading on all pages. It is fast loading but a little annoying. But on the front page looks real good
        Good luck with the site,
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Allan. This is really good...Well done!!

Darren
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Allan, I've just noticed that on the flash banners you have 'click here' buttons. They don't click anywhere. I'ts the same for each page I've checked.

Darren
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thank you for your comments Darrren and Chris, I wasn't quite sure what to use the 'click here' button for, but your pointing it out has given me the idea of another page/window with prices and an order form.

I had no idea or thoughts on, or about the scroll issues Chris, your observations have reminded me that on a few pages I made the footer 8px wider than the rest of the page.

Thank you guys.
              Allan

Comment

I love the site its simply beautiful.

Comment

Hi Allan!

I think your site is excellent! Really well done, clean,simple lines and easy to follow ( apart from the "click here" buttons which don't lead to anything yet) and it has a professional look.
                  I'm not a great fan of moving images as I'm too impatient to wait for everything to come up, even though yours aren't particularly slow. I thought the home was really good but by the time I'd got through the site I must admit I would rather have seen static images for the rest - but that's just my personal taste. On the whole I think you've done an excellent job!

Elena
                  www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

Wonderful! Love the colours and your use of flash. Its easy to navigate which is important but i like a few others found the link button on your flash banner with nowhere to go was a problem. Job well done!

Comment

Hi, it only minor adjustment. But usual best to head for a page width of 980 to totally get rid of side scroll on all scrrens. Your page is set at 1003 px wide & your flash menu is also at this width.

Good luck.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Great job... Like everyone said either just get rid of the "click here" button on the flash if you don't have anything to point it to, or just get the link up. I also agree with Croquet... the home page having that flash will render a WoW factor, but as far as the rest of the pages, maybe a static image will keep the viewers focus on the contents... Overall looks very professional.

Comment

Well looks like we have another designer of quality sites to try and keep up with.
                          Outstanding job!! For what it's worth, it is your site, or a site you built for some one, so it can be what ever you want it to be. I do tend to agree that on the inside pages yo could have static templates and not hurt your site at all.
                          Your site is however better than allot of (so called) professionally built sites.
                          Keep up the good work!!!
                          Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Thank you all for your input, I will work on the static images for the other pages, a link for the 'click here' button and a reduced the page width.

I was not sure about my site but you have given me a great deal of guidance on making it better.

Allan

Comment

Working...
                            X