All finished!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All finished!!!

So the website is now finished! I do have another wedding album to put up but that may take a little while with work so busy at the moment, and the wedding links haven't been added yet because i am currently putting them all together. But I am happy with how it is looking.! :) And everything seems to be working! :D Would love to know what you all think! :D

Claire

Re: All finished!!!

Your pages take forever to load, your carasel spins way too fast, your pages all open in different windows. You need to have some content on your home page, all that is there is the carasel, you need something for the SE's to pick up on. Forgot to notice the page titles and meta tags, maybe someone else will address this. Nice design though but you have some work to do to yet.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I really liked your use of flash on the default page Claire. The photos were delightful... but I thought the frame rate was a little too fast on the linked pages to really appreciate your work.

Other than that, its great; very inspiring.
      Allan
      www.rmsaustralia.net

Comment

Hi Claire!
        Your site looks great but I agree with the others - the spinning nav bar is way too fast : I almost had to chase it round to find the one I wanted to click on. You have some stunning images but I couldn't appreciate them fully - the ones I wanted to linger on were gone before I'd finished taking in all the details. I'd slow them down or fade them in & out slowly so it appears more "relaxed".
        Otherwise I think it's looking good!

Elena
        www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

Claire,

Your carousel is very clever indeed; how do you create these spinning carousels?

With regard to the speed..... yes, it is very fast initially but I think that it adds something to the page as the speed and direction of rotation can be easily controlled by the position of the mouse cursor. Move the cursor slowly to the centre of the carousel and it slows down proportionately. In the centre, the rotation stops completely. Then, moving the cursor slowly to the other side, the rotation speeds up again but, this time, in the opposite direction.......very interesting.

I suggest that you centre your pages in the browser and open them in the same tab.

Great pictures. Well done Claire; you have created a striking website.

Taijitu
          www.seenitty.com
          www.grandcasaproperty.com

Comment

nice Idea, Claire
            Love the way the page spins,
            Paul

www.billinghamcharitytrophy.com

Comment

Hi, ditto with the carousel spinning to fast. You need to also build your pages from the left of your BV screen & centre via page properties to look good on all screens & browsers.
              You really need a main menu on every single page & separate sub menus if needed for each category. (I was getting a bit lost)
              Not sure on the use of iframes as they are not very SE friendly & it brakes up the clean page style a bit.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Personally, I rather like the "fast" spinning carousel because the speed of rotation is infinitely adjustable by positioning the mouse cursor. Control of the spin is so easily accomplished .....so much so that it is possible to set it going in reverse with the same controllability.

Obviously, there are two valid schools of thought on this so I guess it's your decision in the end.

Good luck.

Taijitu

www.seenitty.com
                www.grandcasaproperty.com

Comment

Thank you everyone for your Constructive Crit...... The speed of the spinning links of my index page can not be changed unfortunately, It is free software i was able to find which has its limitations.... i have big plans for the site but the cost involved to get adobe flash to create just what i want is something i can not justify at the moment with the business in its first year. I will go through and center all the pages... something i was trying to do.... but was going about it the wrong way! :giggle: I will also put a link to every page in everypage to make navigating the site easier.!

D'son: I'm not sure what SE is! :) but yes the site is slowloading..... not quite sure how to go about making it faster...... with all those images which is afterall what i am selling.

Crouquet - I used bluevoda's web banners for the banners above the pages and they are really just there to get people a taiste.... heading to the gallery's will give people the chance to look over the photos. The fade in and out thing is what i would really love to have.... but bluevoda doesn't have that feature :( I will keep my eye out for a script or a flash banner program that can help with this problem Thank you :)

Comment

I'm not sure what SE is! Search Engine
                    Pages are still way off centre.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X