add-on domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add-on domain

i just got my new domain and went to add-on domain and followed the steps like the tutorial said but when i published my index page and then checked if it came through the vodahost page comes up. why is this???

thnx

Re: add-on domain

Did you point the domain to your server? You have to do that also. It may take 24 hours also to propogate correctly

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i am having the same problem, how do i point the domain to my server?

Comment

Ok my new websites page comes up but only when i type my first website in the browser. When i type the new address in the browser i get the same problem. I got both domain name from bluevoda. I need a little bit more detail about how to fix this problem.

Thnx

Comment

Link so we can see?
          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Lets try this again. My last question go deleted without an answer.

I am having the same problem as the other members above are. I have added an add-on domain. sereenasboutique.com It opens up as the Vodahost mainpage even though the URL says (sereenasboutique.com)I can however view my website through the master site at deaddollsociety.com/sereenasboutique/. How do I get it to show up as only "sereenasboutique(dot)com"?
            Last edited by JTree; 02-13-2009, 12:13 AM. Reason: link fail...

Comment

Does anyone have a resolution for this?

Comment

Originally posted by JTree View Post

I am having the same problem as the other members above are. I have added an add-on domain. sereenasboutique.com It opens up as the Vodahost mainpage even though the URL says (sereenasboutique.com)I can however view my website through the master site at deaddollsociety.com/sereenasboutique/. How do I get it to show up as only "sereenasboutique(dot)com"?
                I get your site saying "Coming soon" ????? and that was just using the .com url (sereenasboutique.com)

edit: When I tried it a second time...............whoops

Have you changed the DNS of this new domain name to the vodahost servers
                or have you just created a sub domain ?
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I removed it sereena... as an addon and made it a parked domain, then pointed it to the server. Now I'm getting the DDS homepage. From where, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by JTree View Post

screen boutique.com is working fine. deaddollsociety.com/sereenasboutique/ only showing coming soon.

and DNS go to http://www.vodahost.com/web-host-server-login.htm
                    1. Under the server name you will see your ip address
                    2. copy Primary (DNS)
                    Name Server on primary and
                    Secondary (DNS)
                    Name Server on actual domain control panel. (not in vodahost cp though)

Comment

It is getting there slowly, I'm starting to figure a few things out. I can get "sereenasboutique.com" to redirect to "deaddollsociety.com/sereenasboutique".

Eventually what I want to do it make it so the URL "sereenasboutique.com" shows up as "sereenasboutique.com".

although this confuses me:

and DNS go to http://www.vodahost.com/web-host-server-login.htm
                      1. Under the server name you will see your ip address
                      2. copy Primary (DNS)
                      Name Server on primary and
                      3. Secondary (DNS)
                      Name Server on actual domain control panel. (not in vodahost cp though)
                      I bought the "sereenasboutique.com" domain name from Voda.

Comment

As you have bought the new domain name sereenasboutique.com

All you have to do is to use the addon icon within your cpanel and add
                        sereenasboutique.com in full

Then point the dns to the 2 named servers in your welcome email.

Wait up to 24 hrs and it should then be a stand alone website within your account.

Have a look at the Cpanel tutorials and the step by step tutorials in the tips and tricks section

Failing all that, put in a support ticket and they will help you to do it.
                        Have fun
                        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                        Newbies / Beginners Forum
                        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks, I have everything working properly now. Well almost everything. I'm now getting red x's where pictures should be. Oh, well. Different section of the forum for that problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X