No announcement yet.

All comments/ suggestions are welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All comments/ suggestions are welcome!

I would love to have comments about the site. What could I do to make it better? Are there any broken links? How is the readability? Is the layout easy to navigate? Thanks for your help!

Chattanoogahasopenhouses.com

Re: All comments/ suggestions are welcome!

I think your site is functional, informative and easy to navigate. Good Job. Below are a few critiques.
    • While your name is catchy, I is a little confusing. It took me a minutes to decipher the long name
    • On you form, check you send and reset buttons. Line them up

Comment

Hi,
      I think the first thing that hits you is the background color and the wide angle shot of the valley, but past that point (on the first couple of pages) the pages become less interesting. Perhaps - if you are able - you might like to add some photos to make it more interesting.

allanrms

Comment

Hello!

My first impressions are that the two colours of blue don't sit well together - I'd choose a more complementary combination.

The second thing is that you have google ads at the top,then the nav bar and then the subject of your site, which seems wrong to me. You have space at the right hand side ( need to centre your pages too) so I'd maybe put the ads at the side and move your headline up. I wouldn't have a big map on the home page either - I'd put it further in or at least make it smaller and clickable to make more room for other information.

At first glance it's hard to know what the site's about. It's not easy to spot the subject in the headline and the photo gives no clue. I think that buying houses has a large element of emotion as well as practicality ( how many people still fall in love with a property and want to buy with their heart rather than their head?) but I find your site is all facts with not a lot to draw me in. I'd add interest by working more photos into the layout.

Just my humble opinion but hope it's of some help!

Also from the contact us page and the agents FAQ page the link to view open houses doesn't work.

Elena
        Holiday cottages in the Dordogne

Comment

Ditto with Elena’s comments. Not sure a giant Google map is very welcoming to your site. Something more like an image of a couple inviting another couple into their house might be nice.
          With the list of open houses, you would be better having small images of each house next to each link. Don’t think your get many visitors wanting to click on each & every link to see what the house looks like.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by chattanoogahasopenhouses View Post
            I would love to have comments about the site. What could I do to make it better? Are there any broken links? How is the readability? Is the layout easy to navigate? Thanks for your help!

Chattanoogahasopenhouses.com
            All your links are working OK

Navigation works a treat.

And the comments above on making it better are well founded.

The map would be better situated on your area page and could be replaced with a nice couple of houses, after all, you are not selling maps.

A bit of tweaking and you could have a site to be proud of....................
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I looked at it with FF, on the Home owners post page, there is over lap at the top with the FAQ and the title.
              Otherwise it is looking good.
              Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

I noticed scrolling through your pages they fluctuate position and your contact page has an overlap on the "Contact Us" and the sentence below. Wish you well!

Joe

Comment

I've made some changes that reflect some of the suggestions given. Any comments? Does it look better? Flow better? Thanks in advance for your comments!

Comment

Hi, your main menu is to wide at (width:1168px) & giving the page a lot of side scroll. Need to bring the blue handles in & keep it the same size as your header banner.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                      Hi, your main menu is to wide at (width:1168px) & giving the page a lot of side scroll. Need to bring the blue handles in & keep it the same size as your header banner.
                      Thanks for the input. I noticed this before but I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Any tips?

Comment

The site name is very confusing for quick typing.
                        I would change the navigation bar, and try to make fonts on all pages a bit smaller.
                        Otherwise, everything else is working fine.

Regards
                        Zoran
                        www.zpgarageproduction.com

Comment

hmmmm.. ok, I guess living in Chattanoogah has it's disadvantages.... your domain names are 5 miles too long! That's one hell of a domain to type no?

Your pages change width size on every page, your text is too big on most pages. The navigation bar being wider than the rest of the page looks unprofessional and your meta data is very poor. Your keywords will get your site pushed DOWN the rankings not up!

I think you need to read all of the above posts, there are some good criticisms you should take note of. Best of luck though
                          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                          X