Please check my site...i may have problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please check my site...i may have problems

I built my website early last year and to me on my laptop, supposed to be a blog but i cant get on with Wordpress/themes so had to design it all from scratch.

It looks fine, all level and in sync how ever when im at work and i check it on my i.phone 3G, the site looks a mess, paragraphs run into each other, its all out of sync and sometimes the pictures/links are not correct.

So im not sure if its just the OS on I.phone thats the problem or its my laptop displaying "it correct" but not really. I havnt got a 2nd computer to check.

Please can you check it on all the pages and advise me if something "dosnt look correct" its maint the front/index page

Thank you all

www.scph35003.com

Re: Please check my site...i may have problems

Your pages are far too wide and visitors need to side scroll to view everyyhing.
    Thats the reason why it would all be scrunched downwards on smaller screens or any mobile.
    Normal practice is to keep width between 800 - 950

Back to tweaking again......................lol
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

right thanks for that, i checked similar sites and yes they are alot more....erm.... thinner?

Is there anything else that is wrong? anything? i accept feedback. Im going to start on making it thinner

Comment

The screen looks good at first glance but as David said far too wide. The scrolling from side to side is too much like hard work...
        It seems that some of the text is mis-aligned perhaps out of the containers.
        Your use of colors and pictures looks good, and I can't wait to see it when you've finished it.

allanrms
        www.rmsaustralia.net

Comment

Thank you Allanrms - thats what im after, the txt being out of the containers this is what i cant see, my screen is 19" on full resolutions and to me it looks all correct but again on another device i see its complatly out. going to take me ages as i have to re design the whole site to make the width less.

Comment

Your width is @ 1450px & like David said, really wants to be as above.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

yeah 1450 is all the pages but i cant understand that be going to 950-980 will alter all the txt so it dosnt clash.... i:e the dates, my mum said the dates are clasing with the other txt....

Comment

Just changing the width in the page properties will not alter the page contents, to actually reduce the page size you will also heve to modify the contents on the pages themselves. Click View/rulers and keep all the elements within the 980 range, anything over that will force the page to be wider reguardless of what you set them at in the properties. So you have a bit of work to do.
                Reguards
                Ed
                www.dsondesigns.com
                www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                www.300hitter.com
                www.bigjk.net
                How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
                X