Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new site to check out for kinks

Hey all...
    I just figured out last night waaay to late that i couldn't see this site originally because i'd not done namerserver DNS changes on it... so finally did that and its viewable.

Now on the company page there looks to be a blank spot on the right side... its supposed to be an inline frame that is linked to a word doc that i had originally uploaded to my main site but i've moved it to this one in Cpanel...
    I can't figure out why its not viewable.. any suggestions?

www.perrys-hobbys.com

thanks for all your help!
    Sperry
    www.poweredhobbies.com
    www.alittlehelpaz.com
    www.repairguysaz.com

Re: new site to check out for kinks

So far its ok... a few changes:

1- You need to change your front page name as its still Index
    2- Where you have "Home" and "company" etc.. there are massive lines between them
    3-Best if you place your site in the front of the page, you have a huge gap on the right
    4- A wee bit slow at loading

Keep it up.

Comment

you know thats two people now talking about changing the front page name... i don't know what you mean... either of you..lol.. BV says you have to have your home pages named index... soooo if i do change them, where do i change them and how do i change them...
      The lines are due to spacing them apart and then telling it i wanted the line... i suppose i could remove that?
      I'm not sure what you mean by the 1st part of #3... the huge gap on the right ... i have the page properties width set to match the template i have and the size that the ruler said it was in BV... how do i fix that...
      i bet the slow loading is cuz of the movie on the last page... i've downsized allllll the pix so i'm sure its the movie... is there a way to fix that?
      thanks for the feedback =)
      www.poweredhobbies.com
      www.alittlehelpaz.com
      www.repairguysaz.com

Comment

Ok:

1- Leave it names Index but while building your site right-click somewhere empty and select page properties. the Title is what you want to name your page, call it "home" or anything that describs the page but VERY short.

2- Have them that spaced apart but get rid of the lines between them, you will see when you hover over them

3- again when your in page properties click the "Center in browser" button. This will centre your page so its in the middle

4- Prob the video, cant really do much with that

DO THE ABOVE WITH ALL YOUR PAGES

Comment

if you make the index page title 10 words thats no bueno?...lol...
          the line was the hover option... will remove! =)
          I resized the page but didn't do the center in browser... i had it that way when you noticed the gap on the right... I viewed it and there is a gap there but its not as big... should i still center it?
          www.poweredhobbies.com
          www.alittlehelpaz.com
          www.repairguysaz.com

Comment

About the inline frame: It's calling for www.perryshobbys.com, but your site is perrys-hobbies. Also, there's a few typos and some copy that doesn't sit right (I'm viewing on FireFox) but other than that, it's a very cool hobby and site!
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

ok cool i'll fix that link... check for typos and the goofy copy... gotta download firefox...
              www.poweredhobbies.com
              www.alittlehelpaz.com
              www.repairguysaz.com

Comment

Working...
              X