Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing First Page for Addon Domain

Hello,

My main domain is www.paperlesssolutionsnow.com. That works great, although it's still a work in process. I just created my first addon domain. www.paperlessofficenow.com. It created successfully and shows up as a folder in my public_html directory. I then published my first page which is called index.html and that page also shows up in the proper directory-

public_html/paperlessofficenow.com/index.html

I think everything looks fine. However, when I try to access this site on the web, it does not come up. I get a blue screen that gives this message below. Is there something I've done wrong? I watched the addon domain help video but couldn't determine my problem from that. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks

If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.
    ATTENTION!

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.
    About cPanel:

cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at www.cpanel.net. Please be advised that cPanel Inc. is not a web hosting company, and as such has no control over content found elsewhere on this site.
    About Apache HTTP Server:

The Apache HTTP Server is an open source web server which powers many of the worlds web sites. The Apache HTTP server is part of the Apache Group's many influential projects. Their efforts have helped shape much the world wide web, and they continue to be a dominating force in the web hosting industry.

Re: Publishing First Page for Addon Domain

don't save it as index.html - it is only saved as index as should your home page for the first site is. that means you will have 2 index pages, both in their own folder. don't forget to make your links without the index for the home page. it is just the domain name for your site in both cases.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I'm sorry for the confusion. I did publish it only as 'index'. I just added the .html to differentiate it from .php which my primary domain index is.

It still does not work though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the addon domain should be accessible just by typing www.paperlessofficenow.com , right?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again,

-D

Comment

I can see you page when I type the website slash index.html, so that's working. I've seen this trouble before and don't remember the solution (may be just wait a bit until everything gets set up); since I have seen it before, you might try searching the forum for "Apache" or the like.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thank you. I can see it too when I include /index.html.

Under normal circumstances, does it normally take a while for pages to get "set up" properly on the server? In the past, I've always seen pages pop up pretty much instantly upon publishing. Just curious.

I'll try searching the forum again. I did some searching earlier and couldn't find anything that really addressed this. I think I need to improve my search skills. If there's any tricks out there that a newbie would find useful for searching the forum effectively, please feel free to share them. Many thanks.

Comment

I can see it with out the page and extension (in IE) Not much there just a white page with text? By the way the lower text is over lappping the stuff on the bottom.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

This was just a sample page, not the real index for the new site. I just wanted to make sure I got the procedure correct before I started publishing a bunch of new pages. Thanks for checking in IE for me. I've been working in Firefox only.

Comment

Hello:
                I have the same question about how properly to name and publish first page of an add on domain. I've read through the threads and I confess I am still confused.

My main domain is supermarketingmentor.com I have published to this main domain. When I hit "publish" in Blue Voda, only "public_html/" shows up in the Publish Web Page box.

My add on domain is "IRAInsiderSecrets" I have properly added it on in Blue Voda (shows up properly in Add On Domain section of my control panel). When I tried to publish a new page using the add on domain I published as

public_html/IraInsiderSecrets

I received a error 550 stated "can't change directory to
                public_html/IraInsiderSecrets

Subsequently, I've realized I had to point the DNS servers of the add on doman (purchased at *******) to Blue Voda. I've now done that.

My first question:
                How EXACTLY should the add on domain be published in the Publish Web Page box in Blue Voda?
                public_html/IraInsiderSecrets.com...is this correct or should it something else?

Thank you
                ironkop

Comment

When you set up the addon domain in the control panel it would have created a folder in your public_html directory.
                  For the addon domain you then upload to this folder which now becomes the root directory for the addon domain.
                  E.g. Original domain = www.example.com. The index.html file and pages etc for this one sit in the publi_html directory.
                  I then add www.badexample.com as an addon.
                  Now there is a folder in public_html directory called badexample
                  When I load the pages for that domain I have to direct the publishing to /public_html/badexample.com
                  Make sure you enter it exactly as the folder is named.
                  Video Editing Software Reviews
                  Video Editing Software Tips
                  DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Working...
                  X