X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing primary account

client #22757
    primary domain: www.awarenessofoneness.com

I am unable to publish the pages for the sub domain: www.abridgebeyondcoaching.com
    A page of www.awarenessofoneness.com is currently showing at www.abridgebeyondcoaching.com.
    This page is not the correct page and is also not fully functioning.
    I have found no info in the forum that helps to solve this problem.
    Please direct me to a resource that can assist is getting this web site active.

I have published the index page for www.awarenessofoneness.com with a link to www.awarenessofoneness.com/data.html which is a page previously published and is without email connection for the optin data collection. This page also leads to providing a download pdf file which is not connected properly.
    Please direct me to a resource that will show me how to publish a page correction, receive and store the contact information with appropiate auto responder emails including a confirm link and complete the connections for a pdf file download.

Thank you!
    Alice

Re: publishing primary account

So.. what you have is a domain.. and an ADDON domain. If its a subdomain the address is different. It would be www.abridgebeyondcoaching.awarenessofoneness.com

to publish to your ADDON it would be public_html/abridgebeyondcoaching/
    you need to republish your page named 'index' there. Make sure you have a new folder in your bv folder to reflect this domain to save your pages to. Otherwise you will overwrite you old index file so if you wanted to publish the www.awaressofoness.com again you will publish instead www.abridbeyondcoaching.com

I assume your third mix into this is that you created a form. So see the tutorials for making a form. All you need on your THANK YOU page is a link to the pdf file. Im not sure what an email connection is, unless you mean that it EMAILS you the info.

If this is not correct..its because im dizzy trying to sort out what it is that you actually asked.

Kaern

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: publishing primary account

Hello Karen,
      Thank you for your reply.
      Yes, the domain: www.abridgebeyondcoaching.com is an addon domain to http://www.awarenessofoneness.com.

The index page for www.abridgebeyondcoaching.com does not publish.
      Instead there is a previously published index page of www.awarenessofoneness.com on the site.

The revised published pages do not overide the prepublished pages.
      What can I do to change the pages?

Alice

Comment

Re: Publishing primary account

Hi ..

As Karen says .. you need to publish each individual index page to its correct directory ..

A directory is simply a folder that holds the contents of that website ..

public_html is the directory for your main domain .. your first one ..

then for your 2nd domain you need to physically type the domain name after the public_html/ when you go to publish ..

If this does not overwrite, your best bet would be to log into your control panel, enter into the public_html folder and then delete a page called index.html

Do this for your next domain as well, you will find its directory inside of the public_html folder itself, look for that folder, enter into there and delete the index.html

Once both those pages or any sign of them are deleted, publish each index page up into its own directory again ..

public_html for your main website

public_html/___________ for your 2nd domain ..

See if that corrects the problem for you ..

ALSO .... in order to change pages you need to save each page again, perhaps you are simply just not saving your changes and republishing??? NOT SURE ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello Lady Eye!

Thank You for your response!
          I deleted the file 'index.html' in the directory for the primary email and also for www.abridgebeyondcoaching.com.
          The result upon again saving and publishing the page 'index' for the primary site was that the page was there, but the next page 'data' was still the incomplete, unupdated page www.awarenessofoneness.com/data.html.

I also deleted the file 'index.html' in 'abridgebeyondcoaching.com'.
          The result was that when I added '/abridgebeyondcoaching.com' to the publishing box with 'public_html' a message said, "ERROR: 550 Can't change directory to public_html/abridgebeyondcoaching.com : No such file or directory" and then the 'INDEX' directory for my site was published on the page: www.abridgebeyondcoaching.com/

I do not understand what to do to make this work.
          I am thinking that I will remove the domain: www.abridgebeyondcoaching.com from bv web builder and use it to create a site in Soholaunch. Maybe it will work better to remove the addon domain and use it else where. Is this a viable option?

I would like to continue to build a site in bv web builder with the domain: www.awarenessofoneness.com

Thank you!
          Much Love,
          Alice

Comment

Okay .. if you got that message that no such file or directory exists, then it means either one of two things:

this domain is not added correctly or it is added as abridgebeyondcoaching only .. without the .com

So try adding it to the publish area without the .com

No .. you do not need to go to soho and I think you might even have more difficulty with that. So NO, dont do that ..

awareness of oneness appears to be working .. The contents of that website should appear in the public_html folder in control panel ..

Have a look inside of that public_html folder now, and tell us if you see a folder with abridgebeyondcoaching in there .. I believe you should and then if you publish your index page - all small letters to this directory public_html/abridgebeyondcoaching .. all should be good .. let us know ..

Also .. you need to be doing this in your control panel, not in the blue voda website builder when you speak of removing domains and things ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X