Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-mail: receiving Outlook-test message but still not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail: receiving Outlook-test message but still not working!

Hi there!

I've been reading all these threads on E-mail problems but still haven't found an answer to mine..

I have activated my e-mail account through c-panel and Outlook. I even received an Outlook testmessage and I can send an e-mail from Outlook to another private mailaccount. But when I try to send a message from that private webmailaccount (not cpanel), I get a Failure Notice saying the account does not exist!

So help me please.. Again, I've followed every step of the Tutorials, tried the different out- and incoming servers, nothing works..

My domain is: www.carolinevandereerden.com
    the e-mail account that's causing the problem: caroline@carolinevandereerden.com

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Caroline
    (username: carolinevde)

Re: E-mail: receiving Outlook-test message but still not working!

The other private mail account you are talking about, is this 'outlook' on someone elses computer or something else. Please specify
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

This is my personal Gmailaccount, I did forward my BlueVoda mail to this and I did receive the Outlook testmessage I spoke of earlier.
      I also tried with another Hotmailaccount, that is totally not connected to BlueVoda...
      Any clues?

Comment

Lots of people use google mail here with no problems, but I am sure I've read that hotmail can be a bit hit or miss. I'll let others comment on this one.

If it's a case of being able to view your emails when you are away from your pc -- there are 2 other options.

1) Use Webmail - http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/webmail
        2) Use your phone if your phone supports it.

Both will require the username and password. The same ones you used for outlook.

Darren
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks for replying!

But I'm sad to admit, it's not that kind of problem...
          In short:
          - I've activated my e-mail account through cpanel and Outlook. Forwarded it to my gmail account. Received an Outlook-testmessage in both Outlook and Gmail, but when I try to send a message from any other mailaccount (gmail/hotmail/another outlook account) I get a failure message saying the account does not exist..

Anyone that has a clue what's wrong?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Comment

Sorry Caroline. All seems very 'over' complicated.

'(gmail/hotmail/another outlook account)'....?????

What exactly are you trying to acheive?
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Ok..sorry ;)

What I'm trying to achieve is:
              Sending an e-mail from any possible account, to my blue voda account (caroline@carolinevandereerden.com), without getting the message that my blue voda account does not exist..

Is that an easier description?
              Thanks..

Comment

Ok I've just sent you an email
                Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

OK, I've got the error message.. stand by..
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I can see you've got forwarding going on but it is saying that you are using a Gmail account that doesn't exist.

Check that you are forwarding to a valid Gmail Email Address. Check for typo errors
                    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Uhm.. my gmail-account does work. The Outlook (caroline@carolinevandereerden.com) testmessage was correctly forwarded to it when installed the account, so Outlook does reach it..
                      But for gmail, the very same account (caroline@carolinevandereerden.com) does clearly not exist..

I'm totally lost...

Comment

Caroline

Your gmail email is probably

your_name******.com or your_name@googlemail.com or something like that. Its not going to be the same as your domain here with VH.

Does this help?
                        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

ehm... My gmail account is not the same as my domainname with VH.
                          But still the problem is not limited to this gmail account.
                          Even when I try sending an e-mail from sombody else's e-mail account (webmail or computer based like oulook) they too get the message that my VH-mail does not exist..

So...still at loss...

Comment

Ok I've never had this problem before and no one else has stepped in. I can only suggest that you submit a 'support ticket' and let the powers that be have a look.
                            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinevde View Post
                              ehm... My gmail account is not the same as my domainname with VH.
                              But still the problem is not limited to this gmail account.
                              Even when I try sending an e-mail from sombody else's e-mail account (webmail or computer based like oulook) they too get the message that my VH-mail does not exist..

So...still at loss...
                              Ok.. when you sign up at gmail to have your mail from your domain forwarded.. you have to set up a rather different service, from which you can associate your other gmail names to. This is explained in the thread about the GOOGLE APPS CONTROL PANEL...once this is set up correctly you can then forward your mail to gmail.

oops forgot the link

You cant just forward to regular google mail...you have to set up the apps dashboard first

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X