• Show
Clear All

• Joint Effort on website build

Ok, the site is:

Luxury Yachting Holidays

This is a joint effort here
    I designed the site and built the template
    The client then took the template away and created the rest of the pages
    I then took the site back, cleaned it up, rewrote some of the content did the META etc
    In the meantime George (Naval) built all the scripts for the searches and the online booking form, which is not yet finalised so that page doesn't work.
    I then deleted all of George's hard work off the server by mistake (so hope he's talking to me!)

Anyway, comments welcomed.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Joint Effort on website build

Terrible job. NAAA! Looks great to me on a real quick once-over. One thing I noticed (which probably isn't your job) is to reformat the "Terms" pdf file. Probably should be flush left to get rid of the white spaces between words. Also, there's a blue square stuck in there for no reason.

Between this site and one I saw here yesterday about a French vacation spot, I'm starting to feel a bit land-locked.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
      Terrible job. NAAA! Looks great to me on a real quick once-over. One thing I noticed (which probably isn't your job) is to reformat the "Terms" pdf file. Probably should be flush left to get rid of the white spaces between words. Also, there's a blue square stuck in there for no reason.

Between this site and one I saw here yesterday about a French vacation spot, I'm starting to feel a bit land-locked.
      To be honest i havent even looked at the pdfs, just linked up to them, thank you though I will tell the client. Cheers tom.
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Very nice Ramsey - & I love the blue theme.
        (The side graphical destinations menu wasn't working, but I'm guessing it's still in progress)

Amazing holidays!

Comment

Nicely spotted Sunchaser thank you. I changed the links as I renamed all the pages to what the client had named them... I missed those image links THANK YOU!

Comment

I love blue color designs as well. If you see my websites, most of them are blue based. It looks clean, sleek and simple. I like the idea of cutting the image to give a different look which I never seen in any sites.

Ad part is also not really big which many sites seems to over do and irritate people. Good one!!
            Life is too short, let's make it worth a life time.

Sites hosted with Vodahost,
            www.vijaianand.com
            www.igurus.net
            www.firsttimecruising.com

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

No probs Ramsey

I always look at the graphics of a site first. I'm one of those weirdos who click on image banner ads too!

Comment

Hi, just a couple of things i noticed.
                On the search page http://www.vacations-afloat.com/gule...se_search.html it could do with being a full page iframe. It feels a bit small & has side scroll. Got a feeling this should be one of the most important & easiest to use pages on the site.

I like the idea & design of the large header on the front page. But not sure if it should be a reduced version for all other pages. This might allow for a large iframe for the search. & generally save on scrolling on all pages.
                On the http://www.vacations-afloat.com/private_charter.html page, the add banner rotator has an image missing. It also needs all images of the same dimension to save distortion.
                On the same page the table below the rotator could do with some padding added, as the text is right up against the edge of the table.

Not sure what it is? But under the itineraries menu, when you click to open a page, you see a black line flash up behind the lower headings on each page. Its like an image got left behind in the background some ware.

I know its a catch 22 with images & websites, but some of the images have been pushed a bit to far on the reductions & looking a bit hazy. IE The top left hand one of the deck on each page.
                On saying this, i think most of us will find it hard to get any great quality images below the 120x90 mark without a fuzzy look.

Good luck.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                  Hi, just a couple of things i noticed.
                  On the search page http://www.vacations-afloat.com/gule...se_search.html it could do with being a full page iframe. It feels a bit small & has side scroll. Got a feeling this should be one of the most important & easiest to use pages on the site.

I will mention it to client, this page was out of my hands!

I like the idea & design of the large header on the front page. But not sure if it should be a reduced version for all other pages. This might allow for a large iframe for the search. & generally save on scrolling on all pages.
                  On the http://www.vacations-afloat.com/private_charter.html page, the add banner rotator has an image missing. It also needs all images of the same dimension to save distortion.

They are all showing up for me? But I agree with the distortion, I will have to tell him (again!)

On the same page the table below the rotator could do with some padding added, as the text is right up against the edge of the table.

Agree and on to it thank you

Not sure what it is? But under the itineraries menu, when you click to open a page, you see a black line flash up behind the lower headings on each page. Its like an image got left behind in the background some ware.

????? Confused sorry Chris... I don't see this?

I know its a catch 22 with images & websites, but some of the images have been pushed a bit to far on the reductions & looking a bit hazy. IE The top left hand one of the deck on each page.
                  On saying this, i think most of us will find it hard to get any great quality images below the 120x90 mark without a fuzzy look.

Yeah was the best I could get on this

Good luck.
                  Chris YOUR comments are always welcomed and usually acted upon

Comment

Its so slight & only noticeable on the 1st loading because that is naturally a touch slower than when you have the page in your cache. But it felt like an image or something got left behind this area of the page.
                    Just had a look & if its not needed? it was an image img0127.gif

Good luck with the project. A nice sailing holiday sounds a good idea.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, I'll check that out. As I mentioned earlier I only designed the template, possible the client was trying to add something then changed his mind, I'll try and work out what this image is, many thanks

Comment

Turkey > Bodrum - Ah!! Those were the days Club 18-30 many years ago.

Ooops sorry back to the site

Really good. Top Notch as usual

Darren
                        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

18-30 ? blimey... you remember that far back?

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                            18-30 ? blimey... you remember that far back?
                            haha - When you've been on an club 18-30 hol, its something you don't forget. Ask me what I had for tea yesterday and I haven't got a bloody clue...lol
                            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
                              haha - When you've been on an club 18-30 hol, its something you don't forget.
                              Oh I'm sure

Comment

Working...
                              X