Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help newbie damsell in distress

Good evening all,

Im very new to all this and thought i was doing rather well. My website was looking good and i hd even put hyperlinks in. I publishd it and looked good an worked...then i added another image and moved the menu bar and now its all over the place but fine on my offline page!!

www.purpleplatinumweddings.com (any critisism over site would be appreciated if anyone things its too busy or too bare tc.

I also hve another query, i have a domain name that i have just transfered but how do i gt a page i designed on vodahost to show up (if that makes sense)

www.purplecraft.co.uk

thank you so much, been on this all day and im tearing hair out

Re: please help newbie damsell in distress

You make a new folder in bv for the second addon site..and save the MAIN page again as index in the new folder and publish. All of your pages for the second site go in this folder.

on the first subject.. when you build a page in bv.. move every thing to the left ..and position it where you want .. notice the bars on the side and top.. this reflects your width and length. dont try to center in this space.. just line it up as I said. Then right click on a blank spot and choose page properties and center your page there. It looks like youve tried to center on the bv screen.. dont do that..

Also your header is wayyyyyyyyyyy to wide

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ooh thank you karen your a star. So i am in bv for my main site and ive clicked on the new folder icon and named it purple craft, ive thn saved a page called index in that folder and clicked save then publish, but how do i get it to tally with www.purplecraft.co.uk please? Sorry to sound a bit dense

Comment

oohhelp, i di what you said about openeing a new folder for my purplecraft site (jut di a purple page for quickness and now when i go to www.purpleplatinumweddings.com it goes to theblank purpl page that should be purple craft.co.uk aaaghhh im rubbish

Comment

You change the path..

public_html/purplecraft/

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

does it take a while to updat once you save n publish as ive moved everything to left n its still the same

Comment

You are saving with purplecraft.bvp

DONT add an extension.. just index

on your hard drive it will be a bvp extension but when you publish it will convert to html

Do you have a VODA HOST acount? This will only work on voda host.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

give up on the purplecraft one for now as now all ive got is a purple page on my wedding site and undone all my hard work :( i have deleted the purple page, then gone into vodahost(ys i hav vodahosting account) and in control panel i have deleted i think thepurplecraft files. but i still cant get my original wedding site up. i keep saving and clicking publish but it wont show

Comment

tearinghair out here please help anyone.

was told to open new folder but wasnt told to put a different path, so just did as normal, now that blank page hs overruled my nice wedding page that i have spent a week designing.

i have deleted files in control panel, dont know what else to do.

how do i get my original index page to show?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

help before i throw pc out window

Ok here is the situation, im a total novice so very little knowledge of websites but doing really well so i thought.

Asked advice on adding on another domain and was told to open anew folder and call the page index which i did (as a blank purple pge) wht i wasnt told is that i had to giv it a different pth.

No pobs i thought, i deleted the new purple page, went onto control panel and deleted the files i think in there.

Re saved lovely wedding sit page and republished but the purple blank page is still showing, ive ben on this all day, and waitin fr replies the last hour, please help.

www.purpleplatinumweddings.com

will forgt about add on domain for now just want to get my site back

Comment

Re: help before i throw pc out window

thank you

Comment

is your old page on the server? should be no problem, you have the first index page on your hard drive, just save it as index and republish it, this should over write the work you did to get the purple page.
                          if this does not work let us know and we can help you get the old page back to your hardrive.
                          mrmagoo144
                          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Just publish your original
                            index page again.....to your public_html directory
                            Have fun
                            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                            Newbies / Beginners Forum
                            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

i keep doing that, i keep going to the bv page where you design your pages, clik save (its still naed index) and then i clik publish, but still nothing :(

Comment

Working...
                              X