Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have NEVER built a website before - at least not this way - I previously had Stores Online Website Builder.

I want to build a new website off from SOL so I found Voda Host and I want to build the Soho site that comes with signing up for voda host.

When I signed up for voda host I had to put in a website URL so I put in http://www.usfishinglures.com It is build using SOL website builder and hosted by Stores Online.

Here is my question:

I want to host the new site that I will build with voda host - Since I signed up with voda host and gave my fishing lure URL does that mean the voda host now hosts my fishing lure site - (because it still shows when I search that SOL is the host)

Can I not have Voda Host host my fishing lure site and have them only host my new site I build with soho?

OR

Since I can transfer one site for free does that mean that I can build my soho site and host that and also transfer another site like my fishing lure site?

Hope I am making some sense - don't really know how to ask what I am looking for but I am trying.

Katy
    Electric Train Sets

Re: newbie

Ah, yes you are .. well, you are correct that your other host is still hosting your website. Your issue comes in the fact that soho is an online website builder and you will need the domain to begin your build. You can point your domain at your voda servers, but once you do that, you will lose your website .. so you will have a period of interruption while you are building if in fact you are using this domain for your new site .. or alternatively, you order up another domain name through voda host and begin your website build with soho ..

You can has as many domains in your one voda hosting account as you like .. provided they are all registered to the voda hosting account customer, yourself.

If you want your main domain to be your soho site, you could send in a support ticket, purchase another domain and ask VH support staff to make this new domain your main domain .. might be easiest for you now??

Tranferring your domain to voda host means voda host will send you renewals. Pointing your domain to your voda servers means the other domain registar will send you renewals. THIS FOR DOMAIN ONLY .. not your hosting account.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Your issue comes in the fact that soho is an online website builder and you will need the domain to begin your build.
      SOL is an online website builder also - I don't at this moment need nor want my SOL fishing site to be moved from SOL - that will come later - I do not need to transfer that at this time. Later when I learn more I probably will want to transfer.

.. or alternatively, you order up another domain name through voda host and begin your website build with soho ..
      What would that cost - to get a domain name from Voda Host - - I just come up with a name and see if it is available and then if it is available I just buy it? How much is a domain name with voda host?

You can has as many domains in your one voda hosting account as you like .. provided they are all registered to the voda hosting account customer, yourself.
      How do I go about the above?

If you want your main domain to be your soho site, you could send in a support ticket, purchase another domain and ask VH support staff to make this new domain your main domain .. might be easiest for you now??
      Yes, I do want my main site to be my soho site- so maybe I should start a ticket - If this is so then this is what I missed out on the first time around - I should have come up with a domain name - purchased the domain name from like go ***** or voda and then used that domain for my sign up with voda host - correct??????

Tranferring your domain to voda host means voda host will send you renewals. Pointing your domain to your voda servers means the other domain registar will send you renewals. THIS FOR DOMAIN ONLY .. not your hosting account.
      What is the URL of where I go to get a domain name through voda host?

Thank You for your help - can't wait to continue on.

Katy

Electric Train Sets

Comment

You can order a domain with voda host at this link ..

Well yes, you could have done things that way, but it's not a big problem that you didn't. I would probably send a support ticket and ask for your main domain to be your soho site with your new purchase of a domain name. If you do, they will prepare a bill for the domain for you, send it to you, you will pay, and they can rearrange your account at the same time ..

Good Luck .. you are in good hands, all will be taken care of ..

ps - if u just bought your hosting, see if they might let you have the free domain .. sssssh ... dont say i said, lol ..

For every domain that you host in your account, after your main domain, you will add on your domains inyour control panel .. even if you purchase your domains at voda host, you will still need to log into your VBS Billing and change the name servers to those servers you received when you ordered your hosting acccount.

Domains can reside elsewhere and simply be pointed to your voda host servers .. its nice if it is all in one nice package with voda host though.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by shearer View Post
          SOL is an online website builder also - I don't at this moment need nor want my SOL fishing site to be moved from SOL - that will come later - I do not need to transfer that at this time. Later when I learn more I probably will want to transfer.

What would that cost - to get a domain name from Voda Host - - I just come up with a name and see if it is available and then if it is available I just buy it? How much is a domain name with voda host?

How do I go about the above?
          Katy...

Theres a way to access soho from a temp url, however, it may not work correctly or give you all the results you want. If i were you.. id simply download the product files, upload them to soho via csv.. pretty easily done..and copy and paste the text from your sol sites to your soho pages... and repoint the domain all in two days or less.. if you dont want to go to all the trouble of moving the soho store or repointing redirecting domain names after the fact.

If you had asked previously on either forum.. i would have gladly explained things a little more clearly for you...sorry if i missed you.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

What does it cost to get a domain name through voda host?

I don't see any info about it on the link you showed me. Just a place to start the ordering. How will I know if the domain name I pick is available?

On go ***** I can look up the domain name I want to see if it is available. Do I just go there and figure out if the name I want is taken or can I do that on voda somewhere?

Katy
            Electric Train Sets

Comment

Karen,

You didn't miss me - this is the first time I am posting about this. Just getting started. I have been working with Connie from the other forum.

Katy.
              Electric Train Sets

Comment

OHHH>.. well Connie didnt ask me..LOL.. SMACK her for me. She did ask me a ton about someone she was working with...but I guess I didnt make it clear to her.. that soho needs a domain...to work properly..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Okay, LadyEye

I am posting to you because you posted this to me:

I would probably send a support ticket and ask for your main domain to be your soho site with your new purchase of a domain name. If you do, they will prepare a bill for the domain for you, send it to you, you will pay, and they can rearrange your account at the same time ..
                  I have picked out a name that I would like to have as a domain name - it is available (at least right at this moment it is) and I see it costs 19.95 per year to register it at the link you posted for me earlier.

Do I go ahead and order it now or do I contact someone and tell them my mistake and ask them to register it for me? If I don contact someone and ask them to do this for me - could you post the link of whom I should contact?

Or

Should just pay the 19.95 for the year and then ask for a reimbursement?

I realize they may not give me the reimbursement but I am sure you know better which approach I should use.

Thank You
                  Katy
                  Electric Train Sets

Comment

I have resolved this problem. Thanks for the help.

Katy
                    Electric Train Sets

Comment

Working...
                    X