Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Soho form send emails to multiple addresses at once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Soho form send emails to multiple addresses at once?

Hi guys, I am trying to figure out how to send form data to say three emails simultaneously when the user hits submit.... can I do this with soho forms? If so, and that user is logged into his account, could i somehow fix it where the form sends the data to different email addresses for each individual user?

Thanks!

Andy

Re: Can a Soho form send emails to multiple addresses at once?

I dont understand what you mean?.. Do you mean can u set up for someone to send email off your soho site to three of his friends or something?

Well yes you probably could...but...youd need a script to process this...there is the email a friend in the shopping cart.. and if one were crafty you could pull this code to other pages...

If you can explain in better detail what you are trying to do.. then i could better answer you.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok... the site is a sort of online course and accountability thing. As the user goes through the site, they will be filling out forms to answer questions in the course. Since they have several folks following their progress, we want to send a copy of the forms they fill out to at least two people (their mentor and accountability partner). I understand how to set up a form with one email address as the recipient of the form data... can I send it to two recipients? Like the equivelent of a carbon copy feature inside the form proccessing info?

The second part of the question is this... each user of the site will be a logged in as a member when they answer these course questions. If the answer to the above question is yes, is there a way to make that second email address unique to each member? All the member will have the same mentor, but different accountability partners, thus it would be nice to not have to manually forward all these form emails to their accountability partners!

Thanks

Comment

Hmmm... I dont know.. havent tried that with soho forms...However.. If you have ABVFP you can create the forms in that...and save as custom include (progressform.inc) add the custom include to the member page and upload it at the same time. As long as its an external function.. i think it SHOULD work. If you create it in bv.. just a blank page (meaning no shapes and decorations, just the form), preview, view source, use the source code to save as the include.

On the end of the perspective.. you could have the mail sent to you and then create a newsletter based on a group, if you have the version of soho that includes the newsletter (think its an additional purchase now), and send it to the group.

Id have to mess with the form maker to tell you 100% rather or not you could do this..honestly havent tried and havent had the need to.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

On second and third thought.. you could put in three email address elements, and change the text description to mentor email, partner email, and see if that would work.. dunno why it wouldnt...

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks again for your excellent help Karen!

Comment

Working...
            X