Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem publishing a updated page

Hi

Have a problem. I have just finished updating a page using BV and I am trying to publish (upload) the page.

The publishing window and BV itself keeps “not responding” and I have to end the program and try again.

Only once has it managed to get about ˝ way in publishing before it happens again.

This is just to update a page not creating a new one.

Has anyone come across this problem before and have any fixes

Cheers

Scott

www.dargdaffin.co.uk
    www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Re: Problem publishing a updated page

Hi Scott - yes I've experienced similar problems but have just put it down to the wieght of traffic. It's never been a permanent problem and I've fixed it by coming out of BV, closing my connection and then trying again. It usually works. Good luck :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok that’s seems reasonable – however – sometimes it tell me that the page has been published ok after a long wait.

When I go to check it out there is nothing there and I am told that the URL is not valid. When checking the links in the tools menu it also says that the URL is not valid which makes you think that it has not been published

When checking that the page exist in the public part of the FTP it shows that a page has been created with the correct name but when double clicking it you get a blank page.

However if the page is there (even without content) then the URL would be valid but it would show a blank page

SO still stuck but thanks for the input (nice site by the way)

Cheers

Scott
      www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Comment

As Homer would say DHOO - I have been naming pages with a CAPITAL first letter - they do not work with a CAPITAL first letter

What a &^%$ Sorry to waste your time

Cheers

Scott
        www.dargdaffin.co.uk

Comment

Hey Scott, don't be sorry. This thread will help loads more people and nice one for sharing your (Homer) solution! Glad you got it sussed.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi I am having a problem publishing a page they keep telling me password is incorrect I wrote to customer support and they send me the same exact password i am using does anyone else have the same problem. Please help thanks, Lucia
            Lucia
            A smile is contagious

www.sangiorgiositalianbistro.com

Comment

Originally posted by italianbistro
              Hi I am having a problem publishing a page they keep telling me password is incorrect I wrote to customer support and they send me the same exact password i am using does anyone else have the same problem. Please help thanks, Lucia
              Hi Lucia,

Make sure you're publishing to the correct DNS.

Check the login information that Voda Host sent to you when you signed up, your DNS information is in there.

Then, when you go to publish, select your DNS, use your logiin information and everything should go through for you.

Hope that helps! :)
              Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
              http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

I can't publish cause I am having problems with my passwords.............cant get onto any site..................i asked customer support and they sent me the same passwords that i had in my welcom mail and they dont work now I wrote them again and still waiting for answer.............does anyone have any suggestions Lucia
                Lucia
                A smile is contagious

www.sangiorgiositalianbistro.com

Comment

Make sure you are publishing to the correct IP address. The correct password is going to be incorrect when trying to publish to the wrong IP.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X