X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site access

Hi,

I have seen this answered in a thread but I cannot find it again so sorry for the question.

I love the idea and functionality of Blue VOda, it really is very cool, and am just about to sign up but I need to know if I can access my site from different places. I am presuming that I cannot as the web design is done on my computer rather than being held on a central server that I can access from anywhere. Hope that makes sense but i need to know as it will effect how I manage my time and what computer, (home, work, laptop that I use).

thanks in advance for the answer

cheers

dave
    Dave

Law of Attraction Books
    Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
    Reiki Books

Re: Site access

Originally posted by David Marshall
    Hi,

I have seen this answered in a thread but I cannot find it again so sorry for the question.

I love the idea and functionality of Blue VOda, it really is very cool, and am just about to sign up but I need to know if I can access my site from different places. I am presuming that I cannot as the web design is done on my computer rather than being held on a central server that I can access from anywhere. Hope that makes sense but i need to know as it will effect how I manage my time and what computer, (home, work, laptop that I use).

thanks in advance for the answer

cheers

dave
    To be able to edit your site from anywhere, create a folder in your site, called f.e. bluevoda, that hws to be the exact mirror of your computer bluevoda folder. All the files and images used in your site must be in these folders, both on your computer and your site. If you need to work from another location, you simply download the bluevoda pages, as well as the images, and work from there. There is a BUT though, every time you add or edit something, you have to upload the edited files and the new images, so you have everything on your site.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Alternatively consider saving it onto a storage key (which can hold up to 1 gb of memory) and carry it in your pocket and connect this to any computer with Vodablue and adjust your website ?

Comment

Thanks for your replies. So if I download blue voda on to each computer, as I have already, I could simply save it onto a memeory stick and plug in at the next location! Could it be that easy??

Dave
        Dave

Law of Attraction Books
        Reiki Books

Comment

Thanks for your replies. So if I download blue voda on to each computer, as I have already, I could simply save it onto a memeory stick and plug in at the next location! Could it be that easy??

Dave
          Yes, you can do that. You must sinchronize everytime the files between your key and your computers. My answer was relative to working from different locations and eventually by different persons. A member f.e. would like his site updated both by him, in the UK, and by his partner in US. So the only way to do this is by having all master files on the web.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks again naval design.

Just one more question them before I commit, does it matter which computer I pay through and sign up through? Do I get a password or is access done through some kind of cookie?

thanks again

dave
            Dave

Law of Attraction Books
            Reiki Books

Comment

Thanks again naval design.

Just one more question them before I commit, does it matter which computer I pay through and sign up through? Do I get a password or is access done through some kind of cookie?

thanks again

dave
              It doesn't matter. I go in from three different locations. For Blue FTP, and CP the first time you must provide username and password. If you check the "Remember me" the next time these are going to be already there. For CP i simply bookmatked it, so now i simply click on the link and get there.
              Navaldesign

Comment

i want to start now

Comment

Thanks very much naval design. I am going to sign up later today,

all the best,

dave
                  Dave

Law of Attraction Books
                  Reiki Books

Comment

Working...
                  X