Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, here we go!!!! The official launch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, here we go!!!! The official launch!

Before we go, I'm a total newbie at this so please go easy lol J/K, honest opinions please. Big thanks to the you guys at vodahost for helping me iron out any problems...........speedy, reliable help!!!! anyway, hope you enjoy.
    The sites for Honda car enthusiasts in the UK, but welcomes international members too. Have big plans (prob bigger than I can actually manage but hey-ho!
    http://www.hondaclub-uk.com/

Re: Well, here we go!!!! The official launch!

Dark colours dont usually work, but in this case, thats not to bad.

On your inro page, the moving intro text is a little bit distracting, make it occur 2 or 3 times only then stay still on the screen. (ditto your other pages)

All your links work fine.

If you must have your forum in an Iframe, lose or make your header smaller and make the Iframe fit the page, so that you dont get the page jerking up when you scroll.

Very nice looking site.....................well done for a Newbie...............

EDIT:......I did not see any CONTACT Details??
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks David! I forgot to put the contact details on (doh!) I'll do that tomorrow after work. I think your idea about the scrolling text is spot on...........it does get a bit annoying after a while!! All will be sorted tomorow! Still not 100% sure on the dark colour layout myseflt tbh. Will se what everyone thinks

Thanks again
      Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

• When adding your 'contact details' consider placing them on the bottom of each page with copyright info, as I found I wanted to scroll down as the pages offer the feeling that there is more below.
        • Not sure about the large font all in bold on the 'about us' page
        • Consider helping SE's with their listing with a little keyword rich content on the home page.
        • Gallery looks good... loads quick as well.
        • The bottom to top text scroll is distracting.
        • You need to 'title' your pages better...Keywords again.

Best of luck...have fun.
        Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
        Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
        Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
        BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

I would add footers to all your pages, they seem to just end abruptly. Text menus at the bottom of the page are a good idea when you use buttons as well. Check your page titles, 1 says index and the forum page is untitled. I would also do away with the scrolling marquee's, very annoying. As said before, a little dark but ok for this type of site. Over all not bad.

I did not check your meta tags
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I have to agree with David and say its a little dark. Just an idea but why not move the picture on your home page sideways and add your introduction info next to it, that way the introduction is the first thing people see. You can then change your Introduction button into a contact one. Other than that i think its a nice looking site, thumbs up :)

Comment

Hi!

I think the dark colours work well for your site but have to say that the deep blue text on the nav buttons is a bit hard on the eye - found myself
              struggling a bit to focus on them.

I'd also put an obvious end to your pages with some kind of footer as I agree with the others - I found myself trying to scroll for more!

Otherwise it's a nice looking site!

Elena
              Dordogne holiday cottages

Comment

Ditto with th above comments. Need to work on the missing keywords & descriptions for the SE's to find you.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Some of this has perhaps been mentioned, but this is what I've picked up.

1) Go through your pages (page by page). I noticed some broken links.

2) Be more descriptive with your page titles. You currently have index, introduction, gallery, untitled (forum)

Search engines will have dificulty finding your site.

3) Have a footer at the bottom of your pages so the pages look finished.

Site looks good and as I'm a Honda driver, I am going to sign up to your forum.

Darren
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi guys.
                    Thanks for the comments, I know theres still alot to sort out lol. It helps to have people who know what theyre talking about checking the sit out, that way I know what I've got to fix to make it better! Really pleased about choosing vodahost, the support and general friendlyness of the people on the forum is second to none!

I'll be beavering away tonight on the website, fixing what you've picked up! Might try out different colours/backgrounds etc aswell.

And Darren, welcome to Hondaclub-uk lol!!!!! you'll be the first member!!!

Many thanks guys

Dave

Comment

Ok guys, taken on board what you advised and made quite a few changes, and renamed links etc. See what you think. Also, went for a complete makeover colour wise, I think it's a bit easier on the eye. Comments welcome as always! http://www.hondaclub-uk.com/

Comment

well, I'm happy with the way it looks now, and the links work fine! Next things are the forum. I have a forum i created on a free site displayed in an Iframe at present, but would like to use php3. I dont have a clue on this!! I looked at the site for it, but it asks about databases etc, which ive seen in control panel here but know nothing about.
                        Thanks again guys

Comment

Hi, looking a lot better. Like the use of the checkered flag as a background. Need to rename your pages in the page properties area. IE: Not index. Something more like Honda car club UK. But make sure its on the page with gaps in the words as well. This needs to be done on other pages as well.
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, Great looking site. Just a little suggestion at the bottom of you page you have "This site built using BlueVoda, Powered by VodaHost". Why not sign up as an affiliate to VH and make this link work for you to make a bit of extra cash for yourself or the site?
                            Well Done!
                            Craftaholic Supplies, The Home For All Your Papercraft Needs.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the comments on my site! About the vodahost affiliate thing, I'm really interested in it. I really do like vodahost/bluevoda (thats why I "promoted" them at the bottom of the page!!) so I've just had a look through your link at the affiliate side. Deff going to go for it!!! I'll wait till the sites showing up on google and s/e's so there will be people visiting. It's a bit short on visitors at the mo due to it being new!
                              Thanks again!!!!!!

Dave (very happy customer!)

Comment

Working...
                              X