First website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First website

I would appreciate if you would review my first site. It opens with a flash template that I purchased and edited with Flash Mx. All the rest was done with blue voda

Thanks

Re: First website

First of many I'm sure...
    Couple of points:
    • The link from landing page or flash page should have it's 'target' set to self, as it's openning as a second page.

• Audio on front page OK, but gets a bit much on other pages as well.
    • Have a look at titling your pages correctly (keywords etc)
    • Consider carrying the blue theme of front page through rest of site.

Cheers,
    Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
    Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
    Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
    BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Hi, ditto with loosing the music. Your opening page needs some ajustments to make it centre of the page.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Andrew and Chris I appreciate the info thanks for the input, I changed the pages backgound to match and attempted to center the index page.

mrabcakajoe

Comment

A decent effort for the first time. I still see the flash image is not centered. It might need to cropped on the left side. Also the menu's black & blue doesn't really play out well. when its select, its black with blue background is not really visible. May be you need to select a lighter color..
          Life is too short, let's make it worth a life time.

Sites hosted with Vodahost,
          www.vijaianand.com
          www.igurus.net
          www.firsttimecruising.com

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

Tmvijai I appreciate your input I am using I.E. and FF and the flash is centered in both , I logged on from a different computer and it was not. I attempted to try and change the menu colors and am trying different colors.
            Thanks for your time in posting a review

Comment

It looks good. One thing that I want to add about the music is try and see if you can get a code for those built-in players. I am leary about websites that always asks me to run active x control and so most of the time I don't allow them to run active x and everything doesn't load at all. Just an idea.

Comment

Good effort. Same comment as above with nav tab colours. Red & white on main page works ok, but other pages still have black/blue colour, very hard to read. Just a suggestion, you have link pages under contact tab, might be more visible if Links had it own tab.
                Cheers

Greyfox

Comment

Greyfox, I changed the other tabs to red /white and for the life of me I wish I could figure out how to adjust my drop down menu any hints?
                  Thanks for your time
                  Joe

Comment

Working...
                  X