This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueVoda v Soholaunch

Can anyone give me pros and cons of either suite?
    Just trying to sort out which I should use.
    Thanks.

Re: BlueVoda v Soholaunch

Well it really depends on what you are doing and why. Soholaunch is an ecommerce solution. Blue Voda is a web site builder. There are pros and cons to both.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I've built a site http://EstablishinganInternetPresenceforKids.com w. both. Soholaunch is currently up. It was not as easy to build as Voda. Also, I have yet to get PayPal to work. I must have loaded StatCounter incorrectly, as it shows no hits, even when I've gone there from home, work, etc. I'm about to replace with Voda site and see if I can get PayPal to work from there.

Mike

Comment

To make paypal work on soho.. go to the shopping cart, middle column and set up your payment methodes .. All you do is type in your email address for paypal and its set up..thats it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I built my Green Office Shop (see signature) using BV. Too many products for BV really, I should have used Soholaunch.

But at least I can tell you it can be done.

Darren
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I had previously done so and just did today. When I click and drag shopping cart. Presto. Nothing.

I have little good to say about soholaunch.

Mike Miller

Comment

You have to first set up the shopping under the shopping cart ICON. You have to add your categories and products there. Then.. when you drag and drop the SHOPPING ICON to a page it will work. You are asked to select products from a drop down, and then it will appear on the page.

If you do the tutorials Mike, and follow directions, of what goes first you wont have these issues.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

At least you can all access the site, when I try to get into the admin page I am getting the dreaded 404 error page!!

Comment

How old is the domain..? If you just purchased it might be 24 hours or so? Did you also point the domain to the server? Could you provide a link for us to check it out?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen replied to me : "If you do the tutorials Mike, and follow directions, of what goes first you wont have these issues."

There are two erroneous assumptions in this response.

1. I have in fact gone through the tutorials at several different times.
                    2. In following the steps to the best of my abilities, things still don't work.

Perhaps I'm overly sensitive, but I still feel as I did when I originally read the response. I find it condescending and NOT at all helpful. If someone with years of computer experience (only over a year with websites) and a PhD is unable to make things work, perhaps this is NOT entirely "user friendly."

Dr. Mike Miller

Comment

Mike..

It probably is condescending. Especially when the same questions are asked over and over. HOWEVER<,

Most carts require you set up categories to add your products too. While it might not make sense anywhere else in the world .. count on that being the rule of thumb whether you use soholaunch or any other ECOMMERCE builder. Then you can display pages...

Sometimes its where your expertise lies. Not everything follows a packaged set of rules, which as a doctor and therapist should know. I find your attitude a little presumptuious and whiney.. not everything comes quickly.. even if you are smart and just having a phd tacked to your name doesnt mean you will excel at everything you set your hand to.

My son has a phd in math, also maintains a degree in astronomy and a couple of other sciences. He has trouble changing the oil on his car...no reflection on his abilities .. just making an example.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen.

You misunderstood if you thought I was saying that I am the smartest person in the world or know how to do everything. It is just the opposite that has me seeking new information. However:

!. I am NO closer to resolving my issue than before I sought assistance.
                        2. You don't anticipate the same questions? I don't know if you are a volunteer, but I'm guessing not. If things were so clear and easy to do, why would there be so many repeated questions?
                        3. My point about my degree is that if someone with some intelligence is unable to make things work, then perhaps things are NOT as easy as your ads, websites, etc. brag.
                        4. I am on forums where website development is sometimes discussed. Some companies actually have people they can TALK to about their questions and are reportedly happy to assist. Those consumers are HAPPY with their services.
                        5. Here is what a few therapists in Psychology Today professional forums have said:
                        a. "Many of us found Blue Voda difficult. I remember my experience with Voda as being one of the most frustrating times of my life. Blue Voda has no phone support and sometimes took a long time to respond to questions (like a day and a half), and then when they did answer, didn't answer plainly, so there was another wait. That is why I don't recommend them."
                        b. "Voda Hosting has been their frequently unhelpful selves. Not fully satisfied as support could be much more and not everything is intuitive. "
                        c. " I am still unable to get my email to work, so who knows. I've spend countless hours trying to figure it out and vodahost nor sbcglboal/att can help."
                        6. Is condescending Voda's idea of good customer service?

Mike

Comment

Mike..

Youd be wrong.. Im a Volunteer. As far as soho is concerned it is by far the EASIEST ecommerce solution there is.

I understand frustration.. truly I do. I also understand that for 9.95 a month you expect someone to tell you how to do this. 9.95 only nets you the hosting and the up time. The other stuff is included for your use. They dont provide SUPPORT for software...just us volunteers.

Thats where the confusion and assumption lies. BV is also easy and doesnt require any html to put up a site. Trust me .. ive been there and worked several dozen builders..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I just read this little exchange while searching for an answer to my own set of problems and I MUST jump in to support Karen....I am a brand new site-builder of just a few months & came from another "inexpensive" hosting company - actually not much difference in the price from VH/BV. They had NO software to use - I had to keep jumping to IE to access any files - they had NO forums/support/additional software etc. etc.
                            I have had SO MUCH help in the last week or so as I get to the end of my site & find problems not easily solved from the tuts or forums, and so much fun finding my way round......I can't believe someone would complain about what is available for the money....
                            so - that's what I think...
                            david
                            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hello. I want to comment on this conversation which I also happened to stumble over while in search of an answer to a question. I agree with both parties as far as their concerns. I believe VH/BV is quite the helpful builder helper & host. I have read in forums though when Karen has been upfront and blunt and at times seems very impatient with others...maybe that is her character. Nonetheless, the character of a person doesn't permit one to speak to another with a superior attitude. When all said and done, the condition of the heart and mind is what's going to aid in helping one and help one in receiving aid.

At least there is one 'General' who demonstrates the "Higher Way" of offering help, and even went so far as to provide a list of Features of each Shopping Cart to make comparisons ... http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/var...o-magento.html

Comment

Working...
                              X