Problem with saving changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with saving changes

I did read other posts about this but I don't seem to have the answer. I published a couple of pages because I wanted to link them then I had to make a few changes. When I made the changes I saved them and re-published but when I check my webpage (using a different computer) no changes have been made.
    Any ideas?

Re: Problem with saving changes

Depends on what types of changes you made, if you added any type of forms the pages will publish as a php now. Hard to say without a link and knowing what the changes are to look for.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

They were just changes to the font. Nothing major...
      Once you make the changes are you supposed to re-publish or save the page? I did both but neither worked.

Comment

Anytime you make changes you save your work first and if you want it to be viewed you republish, make sure that it says publish all files in the publish dialog box.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I too am having this problem. I changed my template, toobar and font. I saved then published. I then went to have a look at the site through explorer and its showing the old unchanged pages. I have saved and published a few times with no luck

www.hinubeats.com

thanks
          joe

Comment

Just make sure your browser hasn't cached an old copy of the page and just keeps serving up the old one. Hit the refresh button a few times to see if the changes have taken place.
            Video Editing Software Reviews
            Video Editing Software Tips
            DVD Disc Repair

Comment

I am also having the identical problem all of a sudden. But it's not a cache problem because even after sucessfully publishing, the changes aren't showing up on other computers of mine or that belong to friends of mine. I tried to delete a button and relocate another and neither task can be completed no matter how many refreshes and republishes of saved work I try. Thank you for your help!

Comment

Have you selected "publish all files" in the publish pop up box
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes, I have tried publishing 'all files' and also 'changed files only', but neither option publishes changes for me.

Comment

Might be worth popping your link here with a short description on what you change. (A before & after) just one item will do.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

The link is www.foresight-arizona.com. First page index has been saved with an opaque shape placed over all content so that buttons cannot be used and text in shape says "under construction." Should not even be able to see any content on page one with the exception of outlines that show thru the opaque shape. This is only one of many changes I have made recently that simply do not get changed. No matter what page I try to change, published changes have stopped working altogether. Please help!

Comment

Yep! i get the opaque shape with this text on it.
                        UNDER CONSTRUCTION...
                        Thank you for your interest in FORESIGHT ARIZONA. Please check back soon.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Interesting--in IE it's as Chris says, but in FF the page shows perfectly (links are disabled, though). I can even copy your page's content and paste to a word processor. The shape does not appear when I "select all objects." But again, it's there in IE.

I suppose I should know by now what this all means, but I don't. Hopefully the info will help solve the issue.
                          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Just noticed this:

In FF the second one shows the shape, but not the first. I bet the index page needs to be deleted from the server and republished.
                            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I appreciate the help. I am getting somewhere now. Foresight Arizona is the second site I have started with BV. I realized last night that all of my most recent published changes were being published to my first site without the extension for the new site being included.

Not sure I understand what you mean, Tom about the two different addresses you are seeing?

Comment

Working...
                              X