Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have published

Critique of site. Comments welcome.

Thank you in advance for your time and commets.
    whitedove

Re: I have published

Hi, need to look at your page set up as a lot is off centre. This might help.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Color Scheme is perfect. I could find no broken links etc. Pages isn't too busy with pictures, which is wonderful. Plain and simple website, but down to the point. I would say you have done a great job! Congratulations

Scdsuccess

Professional Photography Services Pretoria
      Advertising for South African Businesses

Comment

Hi whitedove
        Very Pretty... every link on the "Table of Content" page opens a new window. Which is OK.. but... You could have each link open in the same window and place a "Back" button on each page... to go back to Table of Contents..
        Very well done... Doug

Comment

Hi Whitedove

I took a quick tour of a couple of pages of your site these are a few things I noticed

First let me say on the whole I liked it and your photographs and images are of excellent quality I nearly started shopping :)

Errors I noticed

1)"When it is out of stock, it is not *bavkordered. This is for all items in this store. Out of stock items will be refunded from your charges."

I assume this should be: back ordered

2)"Dragon Wishing Box According to Chinese folklore, dragons were *hardingers of good fortune and the presence of one made wishes come true. That tradition returns with this enchanting wishing box. Simply write a wish on the blank scroll, place it in the box, and set the dragon topped lid in place. This mystic beast is poised and ready to protect your wish until it comes true. Polyresin. 5 1/2" high"

I assume this should read: Harbingers

I found both these errors in less than 5 mins viewing, for me spelling errors
          imply sloppy attention to detail which sets off alarm bells when I view a new site Im thinking of buying from, not something to instill in a potential customer.

my personal taste

I loved Africa and the layout was great everything gels really well and I wanted to purchase loads of things straight away

I did find the paypal links on every item annoying aesthetically and personally would prefer something less obtrusive and distracting

for some reason the dragons pages didn't do it for me I think it might be the background that didn't gel for me

I couldn't work out how to get international shipping rates
          and a keyword search box would be brilliant for customers short of time

like I said overall I love it and will be visiting in the future as a potential customer

hope this is helpful

Mooncatxx

Comment

manuelly should be spelt manually

You really need some little thumbnails or photos on your table of contents, to grab your visitors attention and to draw them in.

Love the open photo..................

Keep going, you are getting there.
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

When I went to your home page I was unsure of what the site was supposed to be about, you have no content on the page to explain. Same with the next page, just a long list of topics. I surmized by the text stating "Save Don't forget to manuelly add your shipping & handling Charges. Get the lowest Shipping charges by adding them to your final purchase total yourself.
              Orders with no shipping will not be shipped" That you are selling something. Personally I like the layout of the actuall pages with the products on them, the home page and list page do not go well with the others, also they are a bit too wide.
              Not a bad start, but in my opinion needs work.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thank all of you for your comments: Most appreciated.
                whitedove

Comment

i was a little confused as to what you were selling on the front page. Also found it strange to find the returns policy on index page which carries so little other info. Are you expecting plenty of returns??? lol

I could not find a company address or contact details which would normally worry me when buying online.
                  BevServ
                  www.bevserv.net

Comment

I have corrected some of your suggestions. How did I do?

Comment

i think u should look at your fonts settings, specially http://www.harlequinblue.net/tableofcontents.html
                      excellent sizing and paced l images. I love it. Overall not bad, keep it up.
                      Good luck with ur business.

Comment

It looks good it needs some small changes but its very good.

Comment

Working...
                        X