transfer website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer website

Hi, we have already a website www.quatrefeuilles.info and now I have built a new website with voda with a temporarily new domain name called www.quatre-feuilles.info .I would like to replace the old one by the new one, but I want to keep the old domain name quatrefeuilles.info. Questions:
    1. Is this possible? If so, the old website is hosted elsewhere. What do I have to do transfer it and what about the costs?
    2. With Google, the old website is very well ranked. Does replacement of this website change this ranking?
    Thanks, regards, Aimée.

Re: transfer website

If you have an account opened with Vodahost, then you can ask them to change your main domain to www.quatrefeuilles.info

You would then have to go to your other host and change your DNS to the vodahost servers.

You can transfer www.quatrefeuilles.info at any time you wish. (ask support for a free transfer)

If you keep all the original page names when you publish your new pages to the vodahosted site with the same name, then you should keep your standing with the Search engines.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I have several domains through *******.com currently, but am interested in changing some of them to a new host. How is the customer service with vodahost in transferring the domains/websites? What is the cost? Is it a free transfer? thanks.
      Indianapolis Web Design

Comment

When you open an account with Vodahost, you get a 1 off, free domain name and a free transfer..............
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

Oopsie!

I think it is either or David?

For the 2nd transfer onwards, VH will merely extend your Domain Name by another year.

Unlimited Disk space and Bandwith is the best bonus any company can offer.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

1 off means once only..................just ask support and they will even help you do the transfer, and as long as you enter the coupon code you will get your free (for 1 yr) domain name....................as well.
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

Hi.
              Can help me with below questions:

1. If I transfer old website to vodahosted site with the same name, can I keep the history for traffic or email account content and others?

2. My old website hosted by a Malaysian company, is it possible for voda to settle for website transfer?
              Normally how does Vodahost provide technical support for customers? How fast will Vodahost responds?

3. I have a case the website content is altered with unknown reason. When contact with webhoster, they just mentioned cannot retrieve the latest data.
              If a website is hacked, will vodahost provide support for this issue? normally how long will it take to solve this kind of problem?
              Any protection action for this kind of incident by vodahost?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by sniwong View Post
                Hi.
                Can help me with below questions:

1. If I transfer old website to vodahosted site with the same name, can I keep the history for traffic or email account content and others?

2. My old website hosted by a Malaysian company, is it possible for voda to settle for website transfer?
                Normally how does Vodahost provide technical support for customers? How fast will Vodahost responds?

3. I have a case the website content is altered with unknown reason. When contact with webhoster, they just mentioned cannot retrieve the latest data.
                If a website is hacked, will vodahost provide support for this issue? normally how long will it take to solve this kind of problem?
                Any protection action for this kind of incident by vodahost?

Thank you.
                You are protected against this with voda host and if an issue did occur voda host would take care of you very quickly, do not worry.

In order to maintain your standing on the internet you will need to have the same content from your current website .. not sure if you have that or not, but it is those pages,with those names that have the standing on the internet. So if you are going to transfer to voda host and use the blue voda website builder, then the content and the page names, etc., should be the same as you currently have. I would suggest recreating your website before you actually transfer it so that you have it ready to republish without any down time. Of course if you do not have your files this may create a problem for you ... if you have them, dependent on what was used to create them, you can just upload them to voda host and be on your way, if you are looking to recreate using blue voda then you will want to do what I mentioned above.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I am trying to publish the updates to the site using bluevoda, I just redid a bunch of the pages after transferring everything. The problem is I can't get the program to publish because the IP address option that are available don't include my current IP address for the site 65.121.176.23. Any suggestions?
                  Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by ktgsdclub View Post
                    I am trying to publish the updates to the site using bluevoda, I just redid a bunch of the pages after transferring everything. The problem is I can't get the program to publish because the IP address option that are available don't include my current IP address for the site 65.121.176.23. Any suggestions?
                    Thanks,
                    They are adding new servers all the time and your version of BV may not have the latest list, simply download a fresh version and you will be set. Do not worry you wont loose any of your work in the proccess.

Reguards
                    Ed
                    www.dsondesigns.com
                    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                    www.300hitter.com
                    www.bigjk.net
                    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi, I asked support to change my main domain to www.quatrefeuilles.info
                      All things they asked me have been done but the transfer doesn't work.
                      They told me that the DNS pointers are pointing to my account, so I can start uploading to it.
                      The problem is, I don't know what this means: What and how do I have to upload? When I ask them, they don't answer, that's why I try this way.
                      When the new domain is replacing the main domain, I only have to change all links in the website isn't it?

Thanks for your help.
                      Aimée

Comment

Working...
                      X