Linking pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking pages

I am seeking for help, as I have spent closed to 10 hours trying to figuring out how to link the pages together. The website that I am helping create is www.fedsco.com/index. I have also published www.fedsco.com/about-us. On my the "index" page, I added the link on the index page for the both "about us" hyperlinks. But I can not get this to link.

Thank you in advance

Re: Linking pages

Your link should look like this:

CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Tom,

Thanks a bunch... It is now working...

Thanks again!

Cheers

Comment

Tom,

Do you happen to know as how to secure a page?

Comment

Yes, it's pretty easy. First of all, you don't really secure a page, you protect a folder. Any page within that folder will be secure--a user will need to have a username and password to get to it.

You create a folder in BV by using FTP Manager under Tools. When you click "Connect" in FTP Manager, the right-hand pane will show what's in your public_html folder on the server. Simply right click on the pane's background to create a new folder, any name you like (one word).

After that, you use Cpanel to password protect the folder. Here's a link to the video tutorial:

After watching that you should have it figured out, but you can always come back with questions.

Any page you wanted protected would end up something like this: www.yoursite/protectedfolder/pagename.html

Comment

Tom it's me again....

Sorry for bothering you again... and thank you for taking the time and helping me.

Thank you for the password protect folder info. I will be trying it a little later this afternoon.

A couple of questions:

1. Do you happen to know as where to review the published pages as well as deleting some of them?

2. I am still having 404 error messages on several pages that I thought they were published. What I have noticed that most of these pages are where I have created form wizards within the page. Is there a special way to publish a page if it contains form within the page?

3. On BV, under Target, (When assigning a URL on a button) What are the differences between: _self, _parent, _top? I understand that blank will provide another tab on your browser.

Thanks in advance

Comment

1.) go into you control panel/file manager/public_html all you pages are listed there. You can also delete unwanted files from there.

2.)any page that has a form on it is published as a php page so you need to link to it with the php extension (contact.php)

3.)_self means it will open in the same window (just leaving the field empty does the same thing and works the best) _parent will open the page back in the original window from a pop up or new window, _top is used for frames (more for css or html, not used in BV much)
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thank you Ed.... for your help and support. I am on my Control Panel and I can now see all of the files and extensions of every page. I should be able to figure it out from here.

Comment

Your welcome
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net
                  How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thank you for Tom... Setting up a password protected file, was pretty easy.

I do have a question however, I can password protect a folder and place all pages within this "password protected folder", but anyone can copy and paste the password protect the url (after they enter the 1st time) and can get override the protection. Is there anything that BV has to force a visitor to enter the login ID and password?

As always, thanks in advance

Comment

A person can return to the page only until they close down their browser. The next time they open their browser and try to come back to your page they will have to enter the info even if they paste in the url.

Comment

Working...
                      X