Practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice?

Hello, well I would like you to check out my real first attempt at a web site and if you would be so kind to do so don't be to shook up at the fact that the site is really about nothing..lol It was going to be a t-shirt sales site but that is on the back burner because of funding so just working out kinks with building web site until then. www.kelleeshirts.com and give it to me strait, I think I can take it.lol

I wanted to just practice and that is what this first site is for and I would like to see what you thought about the way it was put together.

I tried to Make the pages flow with the way they look..although I did use different flash on some just to check it out, the buttons are different and again just to see what they would look like etc.

Did not link every page back to every page and when I do a serious site I will do this.

One problem I could not solve is this, when I put a link in the text on my Cancun page it changed the color of my text and I can not get this to change..I have searched and followed the instructions over and over from this thread...http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/hyp...xt-colous.html but still would not work, colors were right in the edit section but do not come over to the text.

Sorry for being so long winded but please have a look and let me know what you think.

Thank You,
    evilstepdad

bwuesqnm
    # 29832

Re: Practice?

Hi Evilstepdad,

I think your site looks awesome! Can't believe its just a practice! Everything worked really well. The flash was good, no real delays. Pic's look great.

Re the colour of the links a couple of options to try:

1. Go into page properties and look under background - there are options there re colour of links

2. if your link is a hyperlink in a text box if you highlight the link and right click the next box has an "appearance" section at the bottom. You can use a particular style for the link which you set by clicking on "edit styles" . Then you just click and edit as you want them to appear.

Hope this helps!

I have just posted my website up for comments but no replies as yet. It is very different to yours! If you have a chance would appreciate your feedback!

Cheers!

Comment

Thank You for checking it out and leaving some feedback. I was beginning to think that when people looked at it they didn't know where to start as far as telling me where I was going wrong.

I tried the suggestions you gave me for the text links and colors but no dang luck, will just keep working on it though.

Again thanks and will look your site up,

evilstepdad

Comment

hey

I did some investigatino of the underlaying code and I found that the link is not actually link. It is the image which displays on the button on mouse over. THere are 2 images one with black link and another with orange link which dispplays on mouse over. In order to change it, you need to edit the template of the page and go to the button image and uncheck on mouse over. It shouldn't change the color. Check out my website www.firsttimecruising.com which is the same way yours work now..

TRy it out..
        Life is too short, let's make it worth a life time.

Sites hosted with Vodahost,
        www.vijaianand.com
        www.igurus.net
        www.firsttimecruising.com

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

Working...
        X