No announcement yet.

Multiple sites with one shopping cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple sites with one shopping cart?

I found a group of stores online that were all in one family, each had it's own domain, but they shared one shopping cart and you could actually save the cart and go from domain to domain and make multiple purchases from different stores.

Would something like this be able to be done here? Could one "main domain" have the cart, and anytime someone put items in the shopping cart from the other stores, they would go to that store with the cart?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Re: Multiple sites with one shopping cart?

Originally posted by Bethers
    I found a group of stores online that were all in one family, each had it's own domain, but they shared one shopping cart and you could actually save the cart and go from domain to domain and make multiple purchases from different stores.

Would something like this be able to be done here? Could one "main domain" have the cart, and anytime someone put items in the shopping cart from the other stores, they would go to that store with the cart?
    what site is that that does that mate?

Comment

Yes..this is easy to do, what you found are not stores but "store fronts",
      After you build your main cart, all you have to do is list your products on
      other sites, when your visitor goes to buy. He is sent to your cart.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The one I saw was www.greatshopz.com - appear to be new.

So, I could do one umbrella home "store" that carries the shopping cart - and have serveral storefronts sharing that cart. So, I could possibly use soho on the one with the cart - and the vida blue for the others?

I currently have 3 stores hosted elsewhere - and I want to move all of them - as well as open some others - and thought this idea could work very well for most of them. A couple would probably be kept on their own. I'm not real savvy as to what I'm doing technically, but want to try to build something here if I can figure out that it can be done!

Does this sound feasible and workable?
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X