X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfers of .eu domain

Hi,
    A couple of quick questions please...

1. Can .eu domains be transferred to Vodahost? The sticky "Free Domain Transfer" does not list it as one of the types that can be transferred but as this post was created in 2006 I just wondered whether it had simply not been updated.

2. The same sticky says everyone is "entitled to one (1) free domain transfer..." Does this still appy if I have a domain that was acquired from Vodahost (so was not transferred) or is this saying that only the first domain is free whether or not it had to be transferred to Vodahost?

Thanks for your help.

The Pub Walker

Re: Transfers of .eu domain

Some countries do not allow transfers

but you can always Point your DNS to the vodahost servers after you have opened an account

and you get 1 free domain name (for the 1st year) when you open an account
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks David. Sorry I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly.

If in fact .eu domains cannot be transferred, what do I do if my host ceases business like Lycos are? They tell me that I will lose my domain when they cease hosting on 28 February unless I transfer it so I assume Pointing will not work for me.

Also, are you saying that I can have only one hosted domain per account? I do have an account with Vodahost for my .com domain already and now wanted to move my .eu domain to the same account. Cpanel refers to addon domains which I thought meant I could add other domains to my account but maybe it does not.

Appreciate your suggestions.

The Pub Walker

Comment

Hi
        I have just purchased a .eu domain name and purchased a hosting account with vodahost and it works fine, i just needed to point the dns servers to my vodahost account from the account i purchased the domain name from. for example i purchased the domain name from *******, so i logged into the account that was setup when i purchased it and edited the dns servers on ******* using the dns servers that vodahost provided
        hope this helps

sara

Comment

Thanks Sara. My problem is that Lycos say I have to actually move my .eu omain. This is all new to me so I'm not confident that I will have a domain after 28 February if I just point my DNS to Vodahost.

Thanks again for suggestions.

The Pub Walker

Comment

An option for you is to use the free domain offered by VH to register a new domain with the same name But with a ".com" instead of of your original .eu.

Then migrate [move house] your current website with the .eu to the ".com".

You can also go for all the other address such as .org, .net, .biz, .yourname etc., if the .com is not available.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Your domain should still belong to you even after Lycos stops offering hosting. Lycos isn't an accredited domain registrar, they go through Verisign to register their customers domain name. The problem will be having access to renew the domain and/or change any of the domain information (dns, contact info, etc). You may want to contact Lycos and see if there is some control panel to manage your domain directly from Verisign.

Hope that helps

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks Zuriatman and Watdaflip. If all else fails I could use another domain as you say, although .com and .co.uk are already taken which were my preference before .eu. However it certainly could be an option.

I'll contact Lycos Europe and ask about the Verisign control panel first though.

Thanks again.

The Pub Walker

Comment

Working...
                X