As ready as I'll ever be!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As ready as I'll ever be!

Well, Iv'e done what I can for the moment. This is my first website but I'm sure youll all be gentle with me. Please feel free to be honest though as I have much more to learn yet I'm sure. Thank you to all of you that have helped me find my feet in the last few months. Excuse me please if this is not the appropriate place to ask this (because ive no idea where else to ask it) but I have yet to submit to Google and have heard that they dont index without any external links to youre site (dont think I have any). Therefore if anyone has any wedding related site and would like to make reciprical links this would be good. Looking forward to your feedback - Antonia

http://www.tiarasandmore.co.uk

Re: As ready as I'll ever be!

Hi, you need to center your pages. This might help.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris - thanks for having a look. I hope not to seem rude but I havnt a clue what FF or EI stands for although I will try to find out. The article you sent me - does it mean that I have to rebuild all my pages to align to the absolute left of the BV editor? This is a lot of work and so I really need to know for sure that I am understanding correctly what I have to do before I do all this. I will drag and drop all the forms to the absolute left and then put the seperate items like paypal buttons and info text, into them. Then ask the BV page properties to center by ticking appropriate box. Is this right, am I getting the main gist of it? Its hard for me to know as I view it through firefox and internet explorer and it looks fine. Is this because Im viewing it on my own computer? Sorry Im not being intentionally dense - Antonia

Comment

Hi Whatnext,

IE= Internet Explorer & FF=Firefox
        Couple of comments on the site:
        • Consider a second line below your top links to round off
        • The home/about us/shipping would look better without the brackets, as per product links
        • The 'free post & packaging...' on home page looks out of place
        • the footer lets a nice look down, consider a line as per top and nav links so visitors don't have to scroll up again to move around your site.
        • have a look at page titles as it's not necessary to start with home etc
        • using Naval's ABVFP forms would make your contact us or order enquiries better as you could ask those NB questions upfront eg (size, colour, metal, stones etc etc)

The soft look works well, good luck with the jewellery sales...
        Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
        Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
        Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
        BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Re your external links comment:

FREE LIFETIME ADVERT TO OVER 800,000 POTENTIAL BRIDES!

If you offer a wedding service to the UK market and would like a FREE FOR LIFE advert on my wedding directory which is now currently receiving over 2200 unique visitors every day.

More details here:
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi, most of this type of problem is down to computers & users having different screen resolution settings.
            But! i don't know of a quick fix without redoing the pages. It would help if there was some better/clearer BV instructions as this is happening to many users.
            Most pages should not be wider than 985px & all items placed on the page should be within the 985 margins. Just as an sample! Your header image is 1280px × 254px (scaled to 1283px × 253px) & is already 298px too wide, & this will push the page to the right.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Oh.... how silly of me! As I said I have viewed the site in FF and IE, just didnt pick up on those abrieviations. Re. the whole centering thing: if its not too bad, I think I will leave redoing my template page (re-sizing my banner down to 985px width) and then shifting all page content onto new pages, for a bit as it will be very time consumming. Right now I really need to submit to Google as not currently visble to potential customers and consiquently not doing at all well bussiness wise. Thanks also to Andrew - will look into all points you mentioned over next few days. Will link to the directory - was already aware of this site through Ramsey, and it is awsome. How do I use this banner to make a link to ukweddingstore (can I copy and paste banner image to BV editor then link it , is this how its done)? And finally does it matter, before I create a site map for my Google submision, if my site is all on one level. E.g. is it necessary to have sub directories for pop-up product pages? My sites currently all on one level in one directory only. Wow! sorry about all the questions, sometimes I wonder if my heads about to explode - seriouslly though Thanks so much for all of your help I relly appreciate (and need) it as Im finding this bit extreamely tricky - Antonia

Comment

Working...
              X