Paypal Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal Assistance

We followed the paypal tutorial to the letter and published the site.

Everything was absolutely fine with paypal until we got to "Return To Merchant", but when we hit the button to send the buyer to a download page it kept sending us to "Web Page Cannot be found".

We manually typed the URL we had assigned to the paypal button into the browser, and it took us straight to the page.

We've taken the site down, just in case we have purchasers overnight, but can publish again tomorrow if someone can have a look at what's going wrong.

Really appreciate any help we can get

Re: Paypal Assistance

Have a look at WHAT??? Where??
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

In your paypal website payment preferences I believe is where you make the return url. Check there that you have entered the url correctly. It will need to be the FULL address.. not a relative link http://www.whateverthissiteisdotcom/thankyou.php or .html

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen Mac,

Thanks for your very helpful reply. We have done what you suggest, and there's still no joy. will check with paypal, and see if they can identify what's going wrong.

Many thanks from Newbie

Hi davidundalacia, guess I didn't make myself very clear.

What I meant was that I've seen some posts where there's a problem, and the reply has been to give the website URL and the responder has said they would check it out, and there has been a subsequent response as to what the problem seemed to be.

My proposal was that I publish the site again, and that it could be checked out using my url.

Sorry if I seem confusing, newbie

Comment

You actually input the url when you are creating your button at paypal ...

so create your button again ... the successful payment url should go to the page, on your website, that you created and you want the user directed to after they have paid for their download ..

If you have a contact form or anything on this page, check and see if the page extension is .php as opposed to.html... check the page extension, perhaps this is the problem

If you are trying with this page taken down, then yes,you will get a 404 error

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X