X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• links/menu bar issues

I am having several problems with links on the following page:

==> http://www.aguycanbeach.com/cdaddocs.php

I have used layers to add my thumbnails on this page as it will be constantly expanding.

the page contains the background color, a beige rectangle as the page, a logo and 2 menu bars & get Adobe Reader links.

the rest of the page is constructed on top of the layers

layer 1 contains 'Actas junta general'
    layer 2 contains 'Balances mensuales'

The page should have the same menu bar at the top & the bottom of the page.

I have just noticed after changing the properties of the top menu bar(to bring to front) because of transparancy issues.

Now the top bar has disappeared but the bottom bar which was previously not visible has appeared.

The 2 image links (get Adobe Reader) on the left side - in IE both links are working but in Firefox olnly the bottom one is functioning.

What is going on?

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Re: links/menu bar issues

not sure why you have saved your page as a php. usually, this is done with BV when there is a form. sometimes if you have created a page using a form and BV saves it in php code instead of html, this continues for other pages made and saved after the form page. if you want your page in php, ok, but do not know the reason for it.

this is what i get when i click on the first document.
    http://www.aguycanbeach.com/Documentos/acta230208.pdf this means that you saved the document as acta230208.pdf in the Documentos folder? Not sure why that was done as well. why didnt you save the document in the public_html folder and just make your link as:

here is an example of my document that was uploaded to the server as a doc file, saved in the public_html folder and then linked on the webpage:

when you click on the printable version you get

which was uploaded as make_new_folder.doc
    maybe you just have to rethink the process and make it easy on yourself.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Re: links/menu bar issues

Hello mrmagoo,

To answer your first question ==>

I saved my files as php because of the html box I am using for my menus which link to menu.html

your second question why I put the files in the document folder ==>

1. for order & better over view as we will upload & change the documents frequently
      2. as the folder will be password protected in the future

Now, as to my oroginal question which you missed completely

The page should have 2 menu bars; one at the top & one at the bottom. I can somehow get either one or the other to work but not both. Why?

additional question

Why is the background of my menu transparent?

when you mouse over & the menu expands the text over which it drops down is visible

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
      Aguycanbeachhostel
      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Working...
      X