Old typeface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old typeface

In MS IE the old, replaced type face still shows up on the new site - but only in two seperate areas of the site. All other corrections show up after publishing and other computers don't have this problem.
    Dave
    http://www.peacoatpress.com
    ddstiles@cox.net

Re: Old typeface

Originally posted by ddstiles
    In MS IE the old, replaced type face still shows up on the new site - but only in two seperate areas of the site. All other corrections show up after publishing and other computers don't have this problem.
    It's your browser caching. Try pressing F5 some times when you view the page
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I tried F5 but no help. This turns out to be a stealth bug. I went in to IE->tools->fonts and chasnged from Times New Roman to Verdonas - the type used on my bv. web page. Fixed everything instantly.

All three computers are running up-to-date XP and IE all the same versions. Some like it one way, some another. ???
      Dave
      ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Originally posted by ddstiles
        I tried F5 but no help. This turns out to be a stealth bug. I went in to IE->tools->fonts and chasnged from Times New Roman to Verdonas - the type used on my bv. web page. Fixed everything instantly.

All three computers are running up-to-date XP and IE all the same versions. Some like it one way, some another. ???
        Well, if by changing the default font in IE solved the problem, it can only mean that there is some incompatibility between Verdana used in BV and Verdana in IE, though it shouldn't . It was defaulting to Times New Roman, now it defaults to Verdana. But I would suggest that you check again those two ares in your site. Maybe you had not used Verdana but some other font. It defaulted in Times New Roman in your computer, whilst it defaulted in Verdana in other computers, that's (maybe) why on other computers seemed ok. Please check again the fonts used in those two areas.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It all works now but there are two types of font list on bv. The bar font list has Verdana ref, the "format--> font" list has Verdan and Verdana ref. I've settled on Verdana for most text work.

The blocks of type were all the same at the time I wrote them a fist published them and others saw what I saw. Only my wife and her two computers saw something weird.

I'm having too much fun building this website. That's the fault of all you folks who put this program and service together. Many thanks
          Dave
          ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Working...
          X