Renaming pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renaming pages

Is there a way to rename a page.bvp? I have tried out the program and created pages that are now called main page.bvp and thumbnails page.bvp with embedded spaces. If these will not work for hyperlinks later, when and if I sign up for hosting (for example, http://www.sitename.com/thumbnails page.html), can they be renamed with no embedded spaces? If not, is there a way to copy the whole page to a new page with a proper name?

I have looked in the program files and not found my page files anywhere, so I could rename them.

Thanks.

Re: Renaming pages

Your page files are saved in a BlueVoda folder in My Documents. Yes, you can rename pages if you wish, and copying and pasting all the elements of one page into another is easily possible. You cannot have spaces in your page names, but_you_can_use_underscores_between_words. By the way, the page you want to use as your main page should be saved as "index" - all lower case. You can name it whatever you like in Page Properties, but it needs to be saved in this fashion.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

click the below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
        Your page files are saved in a BlueVoda folder in My Documents. Yes, you can rename pages if you wish, and copying and pasting all the elements of one page into another is easily possible. You cannot have spaces in your page names, but_you_can_use_underscores_between_words. By the way, the page you want to use as your main page should be saved as "index" - all lower case. You can name it whatever you like in Page Properties, but it needs to be saved in this fashion.
        This worked fine, thank you for the solution. By the way, I renamed my main page from main page.bvp to index.bvp instead of just index. Is this correct?

Comment

When you save, the .bvp is added automatically. Adding it to the saved name will result in index.bvp.bvp which won't publish properly.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
          X