Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My very first Site!

Hi,

My name is Todd Stoneburner and my partner and I started a shuttle service here in Atlanta. I decided I would go ahead a get a site up for us. This is my very first site that I have published and I would like some feedback as to what I could do to make it better, if you see any problems with links, ect...
    I have a few things to add on my contact page, coming soon. Other than that it is almost done, but I wanted to get some feedback on this start!

Thank You So Much!

Re: My very first Site!

First impression: It is a little dark and foreboding and doesn't pull me in, looks like a stormy night in Atlanta. You might look at softer tones that are relaxing to mirror the relaxation the customer will get using your service.

The links I clicked all seemed to work fine.

I would suggest putting up some photos of your limo, van, Cessna whatever you are picking people up in, it would be nice to know I wasn't going to arrive in a 76 Pinto LOL.

Overall I think you did a good job for your first venture into site building.
    Dan

Our SOHO built site

Comment

Hi Todd.
      Isn't that to dark header?

mexiano

Comment

Well, I don't know? Thats why I was asking for opinion. So I guess the colors are too dark from what the last two replies have said. I guess I was trying to be original with colors because you don't often see sites with purple on them. I was going for simple not extreme with too much going on. So I guess the color isn't good? I may change it, I may not.

Comment

Way to dark........visually unappealing. Also on your contact page do not use black back grounds for the text boxes (to hard on the eyes) and you need to validate the fields on your form or you will get a lot of blank emails. Also check your links, when I clicked "home" on the succes page it opened a new window, not good since you have full navagtion on your pages (it will cause the user to have several windows open for your site). Not crazy about the two different styles you are using for the buttons, one for the normal state and a different one for the mouse over. Looks cheap. Keep working at it you seem to have all the basics now its just down to the tweeking.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thank You! How do and what should I do exactly to validate my form? Thank You for your feedback!!!

Comment

D'son I have my success page set as _SELF and it is not staying in same window like you said. What do I have to do to fix this? All the rest of them stay in same window. I am confused

Comment

To validate your form double click on the fields you want to make mandatory, in the validate tab enter the neccessary info. For example if you want the email field to be filled in, choose 'email address' in the data type (use the drop down menu) enter an error message such as "Please enter your email address" and check the box for custom error message. You can fill the additional areas for other types of data for the other fields. To set the tab order right click each field in the order you want them to enter info, including the send button.

Leave the target area empty (nothing in it) works better than self some times.
                Reguards
                Ed
                www.dsondesigns.com
                www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                www.300hitter.com
                www.bigjk.net
                How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi, ditto with the dark part. Might make visitor wonder whats on offer? (Tony's Airport Service) lol.
                  Might be worth adding a few more key words/title to help the SE's with what the sites about & has to offer.
                  Car, taxi, cab & limousine hire for Atlanta Airport .
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by stony698 View Post
                    Hi,

My name is Todd Stoneburner and my partner and I started a shuttle service here in Atlanta. I decided I would go ahead a get a site up for us. This is my very first site that I have published and I would like some feedback as to what I could do to make it better, if you see any problems with links, ect...
                    I have a few things to add on my contact page, coming soon. Other than that it is almost done, but I wanted to get some feedback on this start!

Thank You So Much!

http://www.tonysairportservices.com

Your header is not attractive, Too much dark for the service you r providing, the silver and black menu button is not working.

Comment

HMMM so no one likes my LOGO? My buttons look CHEAP? Well alrighty, I will look into making them different. Thanks for your input. I will search harder for something more appealing. Well, I guess I don't really know what a website color and background appeal is supposed to look like. I am gonna work on it, change around and see if you guys like. Thanks Again!

Comment

Originally posted by stony698 View Post
                        HMMM so no one likes my LOGO? My buttons look CHEAP? Well alrighty, I will look into making them different. Thanks for your input. I will search harder for something more appealing. Well, I guess I don't really know what a website color and background appeal is supposed to look like. I am gonna work on it, change around and see if you guys like. Thanks Again!

Remember you promised us! Searching for color..........

Comment

Working...
                        X