Linking a drop down menu text to images on other pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking a drop down menu text to images on other pages

Hello, I am new to this forum, and have just started to try and link my pages. I am having a problem linking the text in my drop down menu to images on other pages of my site. I am able to link from page to page, that seems to be ok. I have tried every scenario and configuration possible but nothing works.

EG: I am trying to link from the menu bar on my index page to an image on http://www.herbzthatheal.com/herb_de...5-Elements.jpg. With all the configurations I have tried I get the same error message below.
    Not Found

The requested URL /herb_details1.html/public_html/5-Elements.jpg was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If I link to http://www.herbzthatheal.com/5-Elements I just get the image on a blank page, ideally I would like to jump to the image with the associated text next to it.

My images are all present in public_html, would really like some help on this, I have looked through all the linking tutorials, read all the threads on linking, but don't seem to see one with this particular issue.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards,
    Maureen

Re: Linking a drop down menu text to images on other pages

You can not link to an individual image the way you are wanting. You will have to link to an actual page if you want the text to show or combine the text and the image, and save the whole thing as an image. But it will open on a blank page as you have already discovered. You never add /public_htm/ to any of your links. It is the folder that contains everything, true, but it is the only folder browser connect to atomatically. Meaning if you want it to pull up something in a different folder (one you create) then you would add it to the file path in your link.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thank you so much Ed, after several emails with my explanations to support, I was not told that I cannot do it, the only reply I got back in every case (about half a dozen times) is that I have the wrong link, no explanation, nothing, a bit disappointing and frustrating.

Any way I can go to bed happy now knowing that I can't do it in the way I thought I should be able to.

Thank you so much for your help.

regards,
      Maureen

Comment

Hi, I´m the newest with this...My question is similar to Mauren´s but my problrm is I can´t link the menu options to each page....How can I do that?
        Thanks
        M4SB
        217.126.165.144 Telefonica Espania
        Non-VH Customer

Comment

Originally posted by m4sb View Post
          Hi, Iīm the newest with this...My question is similar to Maurenīs but my problrm is I canīt link the menu options to each page....How can I do that?
          Thanks
          M4SB
          First you should always start your own thread so that people will know you are asking a question and not answering someone elses, besides its rude to "jump" someone elses thread.

As for linking did you watch the videos? They walk you through linking step by step.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net

Comment

Sorry Ed for dopping here, as I said Iīm new with this and couldnīt and yet canīt find the way to start a new thread.
            Of course I saw all those tutorials but I did what they said and didnīt work or I didnīt know how to do it.
            My apologies and thanks anyway
            M4SB
            217.126.165.144 Telefonica Espania
            Non-VH Customer

Comment

Links will only work once the page is published as well as the pages you are linking to.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net

Comment

what webpage editor are you using. I think it is pretty simple using DreamWeaver.

Keep your google friend do the searching for you. :)
                Easy Installer | Joomla Components | Joomla Installer | Joomlatag

Comment

Working...
                X