X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a domain name

Hi There,

I have 2 domain names, www.geemax.net and www.garod.org

I want to buy a new domain name as an add on to one of the above domain names,

if I do that can I use the new domain name as a separate website??
    and if so how can I do it?

Thanks
    Gullekian

If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

www.geemax.net
    www.dikranandkelly.com
    www.bjvino.com

Re: Creating a domain name

Hi, yes! This is no problem, you can have as many addon/new sites as you wish, as long as you purchase the extra domains. Have a look through the tutorials at add on domains. When you purchase the new domain, don't forget to point it at the server that you are going to use for the add on domain.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Gullekian,

An add-on Domain is a stand alone domain.

It is a principal Domain by itself and does not need the aid of the
      other 2 domains that you had already.

All it needs to operate is a hosting account which you already have with VodaHost.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thanks Zuriatam,

So if I understand correctly, let’s say I have www.geemax.com , then I can buy a new domain name for example, “abc.com” for 10 bucks and use it as a website??

Then how do I publish my pages to “abc.com”? do I get a different ID and password and a different FTP manager to publish my pages??
        Gullekian

www.geemax.net
        www.dikranandkelly.com
        www.bjvino.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gullekian View Post
          Thanks Zuriatam,

So if I understand correctly, let’s say I have www.geemax.com , then I can buy a new domain name for example, “abc.com” for 10 bucks and use it as a website??

Then how do I publish my pages to “abc.com”? do I get a different ID and password and a different FTP manager to publish my pages??
          Hi, Add your new domain (bought for 10 bucks ..lol) in cpanel by using addon domain, then publish it as
          your own existing IP Address
          existing user name and password
          Folder: /public_html/abc.com/

Please note: once you bought your domain you have to change your DNS name server to your existing vodahost DNS server.

Comment

Hi buystuffs,

Actually I bought my existing domain name www.geemax.net from Voda host.

I did what you said, I created a new domain name, (I was under the impression that I have to pay 10 bucks, but apparently it’s free) and I published 1 page under public_html/domainname.com, but it didn’t work.

Maybe it will take time to be activated?? I don’t know…..
            I’ll see tomorrow.

Thanks
            Gullekian

www.geemax.net
            www.dikranandkelly.com
            www.bjvino.com

Comment

You will publish to public_html/geemax.net
              Make sure that you created the add-on domain with the same name, basically just a new folder inside your public_html folder.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi buystuffs,

Actually I bought my existing domain name www.geemax.net from Voda host.

I did what you said, I created a new domain name, (I was under the impression that I have to pay 10 bucks, but apparently it’s free) and I published 1 page under public_html/domainname.com, but it didn’t work.

Maybe it will take time to be activated?? I don’t know…..
                I’ll see tomorrow.

Thanks

Hi . just so you are clear .. a free domain is given to every new voda host customer when they purchase their web hosting account .. if you ordered your domain when you ordered your web hosting account then you did indeed get it free ...

However, just adding a folder in your control panel under add on domains, does not give you a working domain ...you would need to have purchased this domain one way or the other .. adding this folder with this domain name in your control panel, is an "after the purchase of the domain" thing to do ..

Now if you have made that purchase for this new domain from voda host, you will need to log into your vbs billing and change the domain name servers ...vbs billing can be found in your welcome email information, log in there, go to manage domains, find this domain, change the two name servers to the two name servers that you will also find in your voda host welcoming email.. once these are changed, and you have added the add on domain in your control panel and you publish a page, your domain will be live.

P.S. - you may be confusing the $10.00 with an actual transfer of your domain - this would be if your domain resided with another domain registar, transferring a domain from another registrar to voda host is roughly this price, although free again with a new voda host account.l

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                  Hi . just so you are clear .. a free domain is given to every new voda host customer when they purchase their web hosting account .. if you ordered your domain when you ordered your web hosting account then you did indeed get it free ...

However, just adding a folder in your control panel under add on domains, does not give you a working domain ...you would need to have purchased this domain one way or the other .. adding this folder with this domain name in your control panel, is an "after the purchase of the domain" thing to do ..

Now if you have made that purchase for this new domain from voda host, you will need to log into your vbs billing and change the domain name servers ...vbs billing can be found in your welcome email information, log in there, go to manage domains, find this domain, change the two name servers to the two name servers that you will also find in your voda host welcoming email.. once these are changed, and you have added the add on domain in your control panel and you publish a page, your domain will be live.

P.S. - you may be confusing the $10.00 with an actual transfer of your domain - this would be if your domain resided with another domain registar, transferring a domain from another registrar to voda host is roughly this price, although free again with a new voda host account.l
                  Ok LadyEye, now I see,

That's what I thought, nobody gives away free working domain names....

Actually my domain name geemax.net I bought it sometimes in July 2008, and I didn't buy any additional domain name with it, it was my first time, I just wanted to try it...... now I am getting married and I wanted to make a website to send my wedding invitations.

I was under the impression that I can open an add-on domain name under an existing one and create a new website, so it seems no......... The wedding website is just a temporary one, I don't need to renew it.

I guess the best thing to do is to buy a new domain name for my wedding website and publish the pages it it........

P.S. if adding a domain name in the control panel wouldn't give us a free working domain unless we had purchased it, then what is its purpose??

Thanks a lot for your help
                  Gullekian

www.geemax.net
                  www.dikranandkelly.com
                  www.bjvino.com

Comment

P.S. if adding a domain name in the control panel wouldn't give us a free working domain unless we had purchased it, then what is its purpose??

Thanks a lot for your help
                    Add-on domains allows you to have multiple sites on one account without having to pay for additional hosting. As long as you own the domain you can have as many as you like on your one VodaHost account.
                    Reguards
                    Ed
                    www.dsondesigns.com
                    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                    www.300hitter.com
                    www.bigjk.net
                    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
                    X