Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help understanding about the linking the pages together

Hi everyone,

I have been building my website for the last two weeks and I been reading the tutorial area but still dont get it about the linking part. Need someone to educate me, :)

Keep in mind I have not yet to put my domain name in for publishing part. Also I have not been in my Cpanel as I just kept building my website.

Re: Need help understanding about the linking the pages together

Remember with linking your pages, that it wont work until you publish your pages. Links to other site will work in testing, but not your own site links.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

so when i link my pages together I must type www.mydomainname.net/index.html
      same goes with other pages that goes with xxxxxxx/about.html etc etc correct? all the linkings assocaiate with Http// correct? please advice

Comment

For your home page you do not need to add the index.html, for the others they would follow that format you outlined but you do need to add http:// in front of everything, such as
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

D'son.. I have two navigation menu set up in the index page but the word that starts with "home" is the index page but the next navigation menu that starts with "opportunity" is the regular link with opportunity.html ??? etc

Comment

What your menu bar text says has nothing to do with how you link it. You link to the pages you created, for example your index (home page) was saved as index but you menu bar could say Home, same with your opportunity link the page could be saved as opportunity but the menu bar could say opportunity, or jobs, or careers what ever. The links must reference the page names not the menu title. So if you saved the page as opportunity the link would be http://yoursite.com/opportunity.html
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net

Comment

okay how do I publish just my index page so you can see it and teach me the rest to get me to understand.. my mind is bank and a very long day at work, lol

Comment

Name, save and publish your page as index ... nothing else, just index

Every domain is called to the internet with the first page being named, saved and published as index

the link to this is your domain name

for every other page you create you can name it whatever you like .. ifyou name it opportunity you then link to it via http://yourdomain.com/opportunity.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You need a hosting account with VodaHost (paid) then they will send you your login details. If you do not have one you will also need to purchase a domain name. Click the Order Now link above to purchase
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net

Comment

my domain is paid for and I have all the detail that I got in my email but very confusing my domain name is theultimatefitness.net so where and how do get my website out to public so you can see what is that I am doing also ladyeye I understood it so for ever page I must link up to each other correct?? but some of the sites are still being worked on..

Comment

Yes, I do have the Vodahost account.... and paid for smile!

I meant to say some of the pages is still being worked on...

Comment

In the email you received it should say your IP address, your login ID and your password. When you go to publish your index page click the publish icon at the top of the builder, find your Server IP using the drop down arrow, enter the user name VH sent you as well as the password. The folder will be public_html and for files select publish all files. Then click publish, if everting is entered correctly it will publish the page. You have to publish each page individually and since you do not have all your pages done you will probably have to update your menu bars (on the pages) as you add the new pages.
                        Reguards
                        Ed
                        www.dsondesigns.com
                        www.300hitter.com
                        www.bigjk.net

Comment

Originally posted by desertmagic View Post
                          my domain is paid for and I have all the detail that I got in my email but very confusing my domain name is theultimatefitness.net so where and how do get my website out to public so you can see what is that I am doing also ladyeye I understood it so for ever page I must link up to each other correct?? but some of the sites are still being worked on..

Yes, you understand me and you will want to apply the same navigation to and from all of your pages one every page ... if your website is still incomplete, perhaps rethink about being in a hurry to publish it.

But if you create a navigation menu that lists the pages of all of your website, and apply this menu on every page, that will be your navigation menu .. its what you want ... even if you make the menu now, make a page now that says coming soon for those pages that are incomplete, it will be better than coming to a 404 page cannotbe found page ..

HELLO DYSON, lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

okay I tried to load up the website to publish and giving me an error. Is there something else I need to do in the Cpanel area?? as I notice the FTP to load up the file is that correct?

Comment

which one is better filezilla or the coreftp for me to download to my computer??

Comment

Working...
                              X