Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpentry and Construction Website

Hi All,

Any comments would be very much appreciated on helping me with my website. Ive been recently revamping it.
    i would like if people here could let me know if they would be enticed to call to get work done if they visited my website.

Thank ya all.

www.building-roofing.ie

Re: Carpentry and Construction Website

Links work fine.
    The only concern I do have is the picture background on all pages. They just make hard to read the text information.
    Roofing page has diff. font.
    Home page, try to center the text and make it bold, it might look better. Acc. try for all pages and see how it goes.

Your banner looks too big, I would make it more simple. Eg. don't put custom work - roofing... etc. I would put that info on the home page.

That red is killing me in the Contact Us page, it doesn't look very professional. Try to change the lay out contact forms.

Regards

Zoran
    www.zpgarageproduction.com

Comment

Nice site. Zoranp right about the contact page. You should change the red to some kinda burl or like my background. www.vawoodworks.com

Comment

Hi, Ditto with the picture background on all pages. Bit hard on the eyes for reading.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chedman,

I don't know if I have the right to comment yet, I've only just finished building my own website and I have'nt had any comments. But as a 60 year old I have to admit that the backgrounds were a little too busy for me and threw me off a bit from the writing.

Wish you the best of luck

Comment

Ok Thank you all for your comments greatly appreciated,

I was a bit concerned about the pictures in the background as well.

I have now made text bold and images brighter, please tell me what you think, Also changed the contact page.

I like the images and dont really want to remove alltogether.

Some nice websites guys, really like yours kpall312 - good work

www.building-roofing.ie

Comment

Hello,

I think your website is great, direct, simple and to the point. The text is much easier to read now then before.

Take a look at mine if you have some time, isn't quite finished yet though.
              Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Personally! i think its harder to read. I think the suggestions was to do away with the images behind the text. If you think about it ? do you ever get news papers or books with imaged backgrounds? Very rarely where the text is.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yeh sorry, but the images behind the text still make it difficult to read. If you really want to have them there you are going to have to eliminate the colors (black and white only) and wash them out a great deal. you will be left with just a hint of the image behind the text while still giving contrast to the blank white page. Why not go with a blue print image, thin lines consistant color and still relevant to your site.
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net
                  How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hey all,

I really am glad to hear all the comments, thank you.
                    I probably will get rid of the images when i get time, the gf likes them and she is doing web design in college 4th year, so im not sure what to do.

Hylith thank you im glad you like it,

Your website is very good, like the flashy images, looks a little squashed upwards i think, maybe because my screen is bigger or something, theres a blank space of about 3inchs at the bottom.
                    Also i would like to see the special packages made a bit clearer, was kinda confused with the (seperate) and (package).
                    I understand what you meant to mean but i think it could be clearer, and maybe make each package there own unique colour.
                    I like your colours and flash, it shows what you can do.

Anyway thats just my opinion as you can see im having trouble myself.. lol.

Regards,

Chedman
                    www.building-roofing.ie

Comment

Working...
                    X