• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions, questions,! fashionyvestidos.com

dear all,
    PLEASE HELP!
    QUESTION 1:
    i want to add pay pal to my web pages for purchasers. i have 3 seperate pages with 3 seperate products and 3 different prices. i would like a buyer to go to any page purchase different products on different pages and add them all to 1 basket until they decide they have finished and proceed to pay. i am worried that i have to link them together somehow or is it just automatic. also, there is a PAY NOW button, a ADD TO CART button and a VIEW CART button. do i need all 3 or will one do the whole job of being able to view, add and pay for your items. i have not published my page yet. i want to get it all right first.
    QUESTION 2:
    I am more than a complete begginer at all of this and i have no idea what FTP is. What if anything do i need to do with this and what is it for? someone please enlighten me!
    QUESTION 3:
    i was told that i needed to wait until i have published the page to add music to the background. what i want is that when someone goes to my site music starts playing automatically. i have noticed that when i go to page properties and go to background i says add background image and add background music. i can add a background image with no problems but when i go to add music and browse my computer...whenever i open or try to open a folder it says it is empty. do i need to create a special folder for blue voda and import the file or what. please let me know and if it can all be done before publishing.
    QUESTION 4:
    once i have published my page how do i go about editing it again?!
    Thamk you to all that can help. it is much apretiated.

Re: questions, questions,! fashionyvestidos.com

Originally posted by justyna View Post
    dear all,
    PLEASE HELP!
    QUESTION 1:
    i want to add pay pal to my web pages for purchasers. i have 3 seperate pages with 3 seperate products and 3 different prices. i would like a buyer to go to any page purchase different products on different pages and add them all to 1 basket until they decide they have finished and proceed to pay. i am worried that i have to link them together somehow or is it just automatic. also, there is a PAY NOW button, a ADD TO CART button and a VIEW CART button. do i need all 3 or will one do the whole job of being able to view, add and pay for your items. i have not published my page yet. i want to get it all right first.

For every item you sell, you will create an add to cart button, if you use add to cart for each item, these will accumulate in the shopping cart until the customer goes to checkout. If you choose a buy it now button, the buyer is then taken to paypal for checkout .. some use buy it now, and add to cart, this gives the customer the option for a quick checkout if they want only one item ... a view cart button, one on each page is sufficient ...
    QUESTION 2:
    I am more than a complete begginer at all of this and i have no idea what FTP is. What if anything do i need to do with this and what is it for? someone please enlighten me!

File Transfer Process - you will only require this is you want to offer a document, or a music item or a video that you do not want to publish on your webpage ... you would instead ftp this item up to your server and link to it via this method - more on this if you ever find the need to.

QUESTION 3:
    i was told that i needed to wait until i have published the page to add music to the background. what i want is that when someone goes to my site music starts playing automatically. i have noticed that when i go to page properties and go to background i says add background image and add background music. i can add a background image with no problems but when i go to add music and browse my computer...whenever i open or try to open a folder it says it is empty. do i need to create a special folder for blue voda and import the file or what. please let me know and if it can all be done before publishing.

If you want the music to play automatically when your page loads, add the music via the page background - right click on your page, choose properties, background music, browse for the music fileyou want to listen to and this will play when thepage loads. You can listento the music you have inserted in preview, the page DOES NOT need to be published.

QUESTION 4:

once i have published my page how do i go about editing it again?!
    Thamk you to all that can help. it is much apretiated.

You just reopen the page on your computer, make the changes and republish...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

MUSIC JUST WONT OPEN! fashionyvestidos.com

ok thankyou that really helped but about question 3 and adding the music. i have tried what you said about going to the background on page properties but like i explained when i try to add the music and browse a folder it, as soon as i open for example something out of my music or my documents it appears like there is no file (blank basically) and it will not let me add anything as it seems as though there is nothing to add. why is this happening and how do i fix it? i have noticed that once you go to browse it says at the bottom search all audio files and it has files like (wav. rid. ram. ra, etc...) is this maybe the problem? i have tried this on 2 different computers both with blue vod installed. still cant work it out and it is pretty much all that is missing now.
      Plaease help!
      THANKYOU!

Comment

You need to browse to the folder on your computer where the music file resides ... if you can't find your music file that way, copy your music file into your blue voda folder and then insert the file from there ... change that to all files and see if you can locate,

you're welcome ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

how to add items to blue voda? fashionyvestidos.com

ok i will try to copy the file to blue voda but i am not really sure how to do that. lets say the music is on a cd. how do i add this tu blue voda? sorry i am a bit thick but like i said i have never really dealt with computers befor other than word and internet! please explain how if you have a sec!
          Thanks again!

Comment

Okay, if the music is on a cd you must somehow get that music off the cd and onto your computer .. you may have a program on your computer to do this or you may not .. so insert your cd and see if you can copy this to your music files ... dependent what program you have will determine how and if you can do this .. if you find you do not have any programs on your computer to do this, you might consider having a look at this free program to do that http://www.nch.com.au/rip/index.html...FUU_3godBldsmw

once you have the music file on your computer, which should go into your music files, right click on the music file and click copy and open up your blue voda folder and click paste and then insert it via the above mentioned method..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

thanks i will try that later when i am home!

Comment

light box issue fashionyvestidos.com

hi all,
                i have finally managed to put music on in the background of my web page (i still have not published). i have added a light box featur as i want to sell dresses over the net. i have 2 issued with it:
                QUESTION 1:
                when you click on an image and it opens up into a bigger one it seems to open a new page and a large image what you have clicked on appears on the very left of the screen and it looks quite rubish! is there a way to make sure this image appears in the center of the screen and in some sort of box so it looks neater? if so please help to understand how to do this.
                QUESTION 2:
                the music now plays fine in the back of my web page but when you click on the image you want to see in a larger size the music stops. how do i keep the music going and keep it consistent?
                THANKS TO ALL!

Comment

light box issues

hi all,
                  i have finally managed to put music on in the background of my web page (i still have not published). i have added a light box featur as i want to sell dresses over the net. i have 2 issued with it:
                  QUESTION 1:
                  when you click on an image and it opens up into a bigger one it seems to open a new page and a large image what you have clicked on appears on the very left of the screen and it looks quite rubish! is there a way to make sure this image appears in the center of the screen and in some sort of box so it looks neater? if so please help to understand how to do this.
                  QUESTION 2:
                  the music now plays fine in the back of my web page but when you click on the image you want to see in a larger size the music stops. how do i keep the music going and keep it consistent?
                  THANKS TO ALL!

Comment

Working...
                  X