Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for creating portals

Hi all,

I'm planning to create Portal where users can upload small videos, blogs, pics...etc.

1. Do I need to buy dedicated server or can I just use the normal account?

2. If I get 3 or 4 domains. Can those domains be synchronised at the same time from one main (master) web page? If yes, how can be done?

May I get the link to TOS?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards

Zoran
    www.zpgarageproduction.com

Re: Advice needed for creating portals

Can Bluevoda or Vodahost, handle traffic similar to Facebook or Myspace?

When creating a log in box for users, ie. to register new users, is it possible to give the users ID No. ? eg. I go to the site and register under zoran. Because I'm the first one who registered want to have ID No. 00001 (it might look like 00001 zoran), so next user will get ID No. 00002, etc, etc.

I hope the question is not confusing.

Regards

Zoran
    www.zpgarageproduction.com

Comment

Only if you purchase a dedicated server.. maybe two..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen,
        Does your answer covers all my questions, or only the second part?

Regards

Zoran

Comment

All of the above! You cant do any of it without a dedicated server.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

[quote=zoranp;293694]Can Bluevoda or Vodahost, handle traffic similar to Facebook or Myspace?
            [/quote]

I got a feeling if you had an idea for a site that was going to bring you 220 million visitors a month (as per December figures for Facebook) You wouldn't be asking such questions in here... you would already have this kind of knowledge (and probably from birth) ?
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Here's a link to the TOS
              You must agree to our web hosting terms of service before you become a member.

You might not be violating the TOS if you have much larger amount of content other then video and images. But if the main focus of your site it those then you will indeed need a dedicated server.

I wouldn't get your hopes up of making a website that gets the kind of traffic like facebook or myspace. BV doesn't have the kind of functionality to create such a website, all of that you will either have to code, pay someone to code for you, or find an existing script you can download and install. Although if you are using an existing script you will be competed with dozens if not hundreds of other people who are using the exact same script, not to mention most people will be using the website all of their friends are, IE if someone is already using facebook they arn't going to start using another website unless if offers something new and innovative.

Anyhow, I am not sure what you mean by synchronized, are you just asking if you can have 3-4 domain names that are all delivering the same content? If so yes, it can be done very easily.

As far as the userid thing, anything is possible, that login functionality is going to have to be coded, so you could make it do whataver you want. (Just to make sure your clean on this, just making a login box and labeling it login won't make it do anything, there has to be some programming on the backend to actually process a login).

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

@Marincky, some people have idea but not the knowledge.
                FB was only an example, and the first site it came on my mind.

@Watdaflip, thank you very much for excellent explanation, and for the TOS link.
                Yes I did mean to have 3-4 domain names that are delivering the same content.

Regards

Zoran

Comment

Working...
                X