Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Transistions

Hello,

I have applied the fade transition to each one of my pages for www.justliveandbreathe.com. After I published them a week ago, my customer came to me and said that the transitions were not working. I checked and they are correct. I then cleared my cookies and TIF's and tried again and still no transitions. In bluevoda that option is clearly marked that it should work. What is the issue??

Thanks,
    Raymond

Re: Page Transistions

Fades for me... So its working. Your friend needs to clear his cache.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Yes, the first page fades just fine but click on the buttons and try to nav. I have cleared my cache and I still get nothing on anything but the homepage.

Thanks,
      Raymond

Comment

No every page fades for me?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

HMMMMMM That makes no sense. I cleared my TIF's, cookies and cache and I am not getting anything fading other than the first page. I also had a few people check with the same result?

Ray

Comment

Most of these transitions will only work in IE. Are you viewing in another browser like fire fox?
            The other possibility is the page is at 830kb & could be letting the page transition happen before it has fully loaded. You could easily be a 1/4 of this size with some optimization & no noticeable loss in quality.
            I think it will be the later because when i have loaded all the pages & go back a second time, they are working ok. You could also increase the transition time a touch, but this is a bit of a cop out.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for the information. Could it be the sound that is the problem? I know the background is larger than I would like....but the customer wants it that way. Maybe converting the background noise to a flash file might help?

Ray

Comment

Sound files will certainly slow things down. But try extending the delay by about 1 or 2 seconds.
                Its strange that it sometimes works & others it don't. But this is mainly with the image of the trees. The text is fading ok. Also notice that the bird twittering is not coming through FF, but is with IE.?
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                X