background colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background colour

Hi I have finished my site and am waiting to get the web hosting but when I view in browser the background is white I want it black what am I not doing. Domain name is moesguiding.com Have changed it in the page properties but not showing??

Re: background colour

It's black. Maybe press "F5" to clear your cache to see the updated version. Your page is considerably wider than usually recommended--you could bring it down to a reasonable 940px simply by making the text blocks narrower. The page would look the same design-wise. You've done a good job.

I should add, it takes a long time to load. The photos are the cause; the file size for each can be considerably reduced without changing the appearance on-screen. Search for "pixresizer" if you need info on that.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thank you thank you for the response and what is a good page size height and width??
      I will check on the pix thing to cause i don't have photoshop your the best Robin
      1 other question I made a site in webgarden how do i delete it I don't want it to show up as well or when I transfer the domain will it be gone??
      They do not respond to any help questions

Comment

The best width for you page would be around the 980 mark, this will fit most monitors without side scroll. The length depends on your content, it can be as long opr short as needed.

As for the other site as soon as you either transfer it or point the DNS to it and publish your new pages the other will be writen over (gone)
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

thank you so much I was worried about that. and when I search for moesguiding.com on the browsers why do all my questions come up to the forums that i have posted to. Will this always happen?

Comment

It came up in your search because the search engines frequently crawl this forum and you must have mentioned your site in them. After your site has been up a while (with good page titles, keywords, metadata, etc.) they will pick up on it as well.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net

Comment

Thanks again you rock
              Robin
              did you look at my site and what do you think any suggestions??
              moesguiding.com

Comment

Sure but this isn't the right forum, once you think you are ready post your thread in the customer website review forum so that you will get the most constructive responses from many different people.
                Reguards
                Ed
                www.dsondesigns.com
                www.300hitter.com
                www.bigjk.net

Comment

Thanks again and I will post it there when am ready

Comment

Working...