Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I get that neat stuff at bottom of page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I get that neat stuff at bottom of page?

Hi,
    How do I get them neat little links at bottom of page, and the other words ie
    'Design by Design 2009' or such like, it does make a page look really professional.Is it a 'footer' rule?
    Rgds
    And

Re: how do I get that neat stuff at bottom of page?

It is called a footer and you add it, it can say anything you like (designed by you 2009.........what ever) there is no hard and fast rule you have to have one, but as you said it looks professional and gives a proper ending to your page, like a signature in a letter. Also lets anyone visiting your site know who made your site. Also it is recommended that you add text links to the footer for all yor pages in case you are using button, or flash menus so that SE can pick up on them.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Pop the code below in a html box on your page. It will auto update the copyright dates when it's published on your server. Change the part in blue to your text. There is one on the bottom of my site.

<center><font size=2>Copyright &copy; Your website here.com 2006-<?php echo date('Y'); ?></font></center>
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks to both of you!

Comment

Chris,
          How do I chnge font style? it looks like New roman, I need gothic,cheers

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
            It is called a footer and you add it, it can say anything you like (designed by you 2009.........what ever) there is no hard and fast rule you have to have one, but as you said it looks professional and gives a proper ending to your page, like a signature in a letter. Also lets anyone visiting your site know who made your site. Also it is recommended that you add text links to the footer for all yor pages in case you are using button, or flash menus so that SE can pick up on them.
            How do I insert footer?..I can do it in word, but not sure how it workd here!

Comment

Originally posted by andy5956 View Post
              Chris,
              How do I chnge font style? it looks like New roman, I need gothic,cheers
              You can change it by changing the added part in red & blue. Or! i think this can be done via page properties. But not sure if it will efect text on other parts of the page.

<center><font size=2 face="Comic Sans MS">Copyright &copy; yourwebsite.com 2006-<?php echo date('Y'); ?></font></center>
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris,
                Could you help with how I put the 'small' links to my pages that are also at bottom of proff pages?
                How do I also change color ?
                thanks again
                Andy

Comment

Link to html.

You put small links at the bottom like you do any other text links.
                  Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                  X