This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for 2nd domain name to add to my account

Good afternoon. I have an account with VodaHost and registered my first domain name when I set up the account www.brucejoronte.com. My site is working (I know I have a lot of work to do to make it better, but not bad for someone with NO experience).

Ok, I now want to register another domaine name and create a new site (this one for me). Where do I go to do this, to register a name and associate it with my account.

Thanks
    debbie

Re: Ready for 2nd domain name to add to my account

Originally posted by dmk1
    Good afternoon. I have an account with VodaHost and registered my first domain name when I set up the account www.brucejoronte.com. My site is working (I know I have a lot of work to do to make it better, but not bad for someone with NO experience).

Ok, I now want to register another domaine name and create a new site (this one for me). Where do I go to do this, to register a name and associate it with my account.

Thanks
    debbie
    Go to http://www.Vodahostdomains.com . Purchase your domain name, login into your account, and set your DNS. Then get into your control panel and add it as Addon Domain.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I believe it's VodaHost Domains. It's a seperate arm of the Voda Business so you'll need to join up. If you want it linked to your existing domain - check out Contol panel>add on domains. There are tutorials on this subject if your not quite sure where to go or what to do next and their are quite a few options. Here's a link to the Support knowledge base - which has answers to loads of questions regarding domains.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I just went to the VodaHostDomains, and I cannot log in (I don't remember the id/password I set up originally) and it's not the id/password that I have for my current account as I tried that and it won't accept it.

Any suggestions?
        Debbie

Comment

I just went to the VodaHostDomains, and I cannot log in (I don't remember the id/password I set up originally) and it's not the id/password that I have for my current account as I tried that and it won't accept it.

Any suggestions?
          Debbie
          If you had your first domain name for free with the Vodahost account, then you don't have an account with Vodahost domains. Create a new one
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thank you, I'm going there now.
            d

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
              Go to http://www.Vodahostdomains.com . Purchase your domain name, login into your account, and set your DNS. Then get into your control panel and add it as Addon Domain.
              I purchased the domain name just now.... you said to log into my account and set my DNS. Log into what account, the VodaHost Domain account? And I'm sorry but what does set DNS mean? I apologize for the dumb question, but I thought I was supposed to just buy my domain name then go to my control panel and addit as addon domain? Not sure about DNS.

Thanks
              debbie

Comment

I purchased the domain name just now.... you said to log into my account and set my DNS. Log into what account, the VodaHost Domain account? And I'm sorry but what does set DNS mean? I apologize for the dumb question, but I thought I was supposed to just buy my domain name then go to my control panel and addit as addon domain? Not sure about DNS.

Thanks
                debbie
                I just looked at the tutorial for setting dns and the video shows a different screen than what is in the vodahost domain dns window, Mine shows the Domain Control panel split into about 4 sections: The first one is the DNS server with a change service and a help button. In that section it shows, 5 lines with dns1.name-servers.com... Then the 2nd section shows DNS settings with 3 columns below it: Host name / Record type / Settings, and below that it has configure button (and says for advanced users only) which I am not. This isn't anything like the video shows. So, question is How do I set the dns?

Thanks.
                debbie

Comment

Thanks
                  debbie
                  Hi Debby, it's all here: http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/vd/2.htm

Then go in your CP and add your second somain as Addon domain.

Sorry i was posting while you were to. I'll have a look and i'll come back.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

I just looked at the tutorial for setting dns and the video shows a different screen than what is in the vodahost domain dns window, Mine shows the Domain Control panel split into about 4 sections: The first one is the DNS server with a change service and a help button. In that section it shows, 5 lines with dns1.name-servers.com... Then the 2nd section shows DNS settings with 3 columns below it: Host name / Record type / Settings, and below that it has configure button (and says for advanced users only) which I am not. This isn't anything like the video shows. So, question is How do I set the dns?

Thanks.
                    debbie
                    Hello Naveldesign, as I posted (quoted text) earlier today, the video and the actual vodahost domain site show different things regarding DNS and I'm not sure what to do now that I have registered a new domain name.

Apparently I did not have an account with VodaHost Domains previously even though I had ordered my hosting service AND MY DOMAIN name (www.brucejoronte.com) through them. Ok, now I purchase a new domain name (www.debbiemae.com) which I intend to utilize with my already existing VodaHost account, and you'd think I was from a different planate. VodaHost and VodaHost Domain don't seem to be interconnected... But that is ok,,, just help me put it together...

I received the e-mail telling me to set my DNS, and I've watched the various postings regarding adding a new domain name, but, here I am... It's 12:50 p.m on a Friday Night, and I'm still trying to understand how to make this DNS setting that I'm suppose to do.

I have no one to speak to LIVE. And the Video I keep getting sent to me is different than what I see on MY VODAHOST DOMAIN place...

Can you assist me? At this point I'm not sure what to do.

Thank you for your help,assistance, directions... I appreciate your and everyone else's time who responds. I am now going to sign off until later today (yes I guess it is already Saturday)... I'd stay here and try to figure it out, but, my eyes can't take it! :)

thank you again.
                    debbie

Comment

Been there, done that and bought the t-shirt. LOL Log into your VodaHost Domains account and navigate to your new domain name. Once there, click "Change Service" - you'll get a scary looking warning, but just ignore it and continue on. Use the DNS info from your original hosting welcome email to determine the proper servers and enter them in the fields (tip: copy and paste the server info to avoid mistakes). I hope this helps, I know all too well thet the tutorial is a little outdated.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi Debby, it's all here: http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/vd/2.htm

Then go in your CP and add your second somain as Addon domain.

Sorry i was posting while you were to. I'll have a look and i'll come back.
                        Try not to recommend that tutorial, my friend, it's outdated and leaves people (even the really dumb ones like me) confused. LOL
                        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Gmorning Debbie, Gmorning Racefan

Sorry Debbie, i felt asleep. In Italy it wsa quite late.

So, gon in vodahostdomains. You are automatically logged in because of cookies. Click on My account, and another screen comes up with "Yoy have 1 domain name .......... Click on that one.Another screen will come up with your domain name at the left side, and some more info. Click on your domain name. Yet another screen comes up. On the upper section, called "DNS servers" click on Change Service. On the next screen there are two buttons: User and Our DNS servers. Click on User, then Save Changes. On the next screen there are four fields. In the first two you must type in your name servers. These are the ones that Vodahost provided to you with their welcome mail when you got your main account, for the first site. Tyoically will ve: ns3.vodahost.com and ns4.vodahost.com The numbers 3 and 4 might be different for you, you will now from that email. Click on save changes and you're done. Ok ?
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Sorry Race, i just hurried to answer Debbie and i didn't see that you had already given a thorough step by step guide. Sorry again.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Sorry Race, i just hurried to answer Debbie and i didn't see that you had already given a thorough step by step guide. Sorry again.
                              No worries, my friend. It's better that a question gets answered twice rather than not at all.
                              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X