Please have a peek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please have a peek

Hi folks, please have a peek round our new site and see what you think. Please advise of anything you feel may improve the new site etc. I am completly new to this and the site was done in around 10 days. Not completly finished yet, but a work in progress :)

Regards
    Stef

Re: Please have a peek

Your page is way too big! No one is going to want to have to use the slide bar to see your entire page. Shrink it down a bit. The navigation buttons, HMMM not too sure they are gonna work. When you mouse over them the text is getting cut off in most of them. On your who's who link you need to resize those pics. TOO BIG taking too long to load up. I like the colors you went with though.

Comment

Have to agree with Stony, the page is very large. I have 19" widescreen monitor and it totally fills it up. Try and resize it down a bit.
      You have done a mountain of work on club related data. Top effort.
      Might want to revisit the side nav bar. Text is right aligned but mouse/click over is left aligned, which distorts everything.
      Good job.
      Cheers

Greyfox

Comment

Ditto! This might help.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi,

I'm a newbie myself and know how hard it is to get it right staright away. The only thing I can suggest is that you keep on and on previewing the pages, and after a while you'll get so tired of checking your own work you'll make it easier and easier to view and navigate, which should hopefully work out the same for whoever visits the site.

All the best and don't get disheartened
          www.startgettingpregnant.com

Comment

on the Who's Who page "There" might be better as "Their"??
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

20Poster.JPG is far too heavy
              Lots of information, but far too big for the screen
              Tabs on the left dont look right either, hovering the mouse over it distorts the tab too much

I've had a quick flick thru and it seems the other pictures are extremely heavy too.

I personally dont like the way the orange is on the black background, my eyes starting going funny after a while.

Excellent Information, PIctures and tabs need work on, keep up the hard work

Comment

Reduce the number of navigation bars!

E.g. Team Matters - players, fixtures, league
                Marketing - sponsors, fundraising, merchandise etc

Red text on black background is like the London 2012 flashing logo that was ditched.

Oh, and the football strip, being a Raith fan I don't like it for some reason ; )

Good effort though
                www.ashtontrades.com
                www.goldbloq.com
                www.jimmyquiz.com

Comment

Agree page format is too long - especially when you have sponsors at the foot of the page.

Some readers might not get that far!

And another tip - cut and paste to MS Word for spell checking (configured for UK)
                  www.ashtontrades.com
                  www.goldbloq.com
                  www.jimmyquiz.com

Comment

make the images in height smaller and the page to 960px wide and the left navigation is too much, add some to top or page by page, means sub-links.
                    Make the text little smaller so you have enough space.
                    Use some simple font and color.
                    Otherwise good work. Keep it up

Comment

Thanks for all comments guys, will take them all on board :)

Comment

Working...
                      X