please check out my first webpage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please check out my first webpage!

Hi, if you have a minute please have a look at my webpage. I think it is taking too long to load, and I had some trouble with the 'form' on the contacts page, so deleted it. Have to watch some more tutorials I spose!
    Regards Fiona, Queensland Australia

Re: please check out my first webpage!

Hello,

It looks like a simple, cute design. Suitable for what you are selling. There are some large empty spaces though, I think if you wanted you could fill that up with advertising or maybe some featured products or sales, just a suggestion.

Good work :)
    Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Hi, your off to a good start, but need to re-cap on some basics. The pages have a lot of side scroll, this might help. This page is at 1700kb & would load a lot faster if nearer the 3-400kb mark. Remember that it will load normally on your machine as you don't have to download the images as they are quite likely already in your own machines cache.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Fiona,

I have to say I'm only on my first ever website, so I can't advise on any of the technical 'stuff', but I thought the site was clean and simple, and I thought the pictures were really appealing, I'd buy a flower and a frog!

Good luck from newbie
        www.startgettingpregnant.com

Comment

Not bad as Chris said you pages are too wide ( alot of balnk space on the right) and take to long to load. You will need to reduce the kb's of your images. Also most of your pages open in different windows, they should not as they all have full navagation on them (so the user ends up with several windows open for your site). The only two links that are correctly set up (opening as they should) are the contact and the link to oztion.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I really like your site! Your prices are very good too. I didn't realize it was an auction site. Do you wholesale to the states?? Jeannie

Comment

Thanks everyone for the good feedback. Jeanne I don't personally sell to US but if you click the link to Oztion alot of them do.
              Many thanks once again, I will keep on working on it
              Fiona

Comment

Like your site, it's great when a hobby can be developed into an income opportunity.

Along with what everyone else has said, on your gifts page I could only get 3 images to show and on the plants page about 1&3/4 images. Now I am on a satellite internet connection and sometimes if the image size is too large with the lag time on the sat it messes things up some.

Nice clean looking site, has a lot of potential.
                Dan

Our SOHO built site

Comment

Working...
                X